Thinking of buying this pc!

jezprs

Feb 16, 2010
Brighton UK
I need to buy a pc to start up my new home studio. I have seen this one on ebay at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carillon-Audi...tZUK_Computing_DesktopPCs?hash=item19bb56668a

Im not a computer wizard, but know its not the best spec in the world. I was thinking, if i bought it for a good price could i upgrade the motherboard etc??

Would it be worth the purchase just for the rack mounted case, power supply? and the twin screens? (obviously depending on what price it goes for.) At the moment i have nothing but a laptop. Is the make well known for music production? EDIT. I will also be purchasing the allen and heath zed 16 for a mixer/firewire interface!

Any help would be great!

Cheers!

Have i asked a really stupid question or something??? Can i upgrade this at a later date? what would be the maximum you guys would spend on it?
please help as auction will be ending and i dont know if this purchase would be a mistake.

Thank you

I think it's a mistake. Specs suck, monitors are small (believe me... 19" is too small). Save some money and get a good computer that's build for the future. I just spend 800€ on my system and I don't think I will have any problems with it in the next few years.