Thinking of getting a new guitar...

Magicawe

Carnivorous Jesus
Apr 7, 2002
Visit site
I want one that wont sound like shit when you down tune it (to stuff like B) and i dont want a fucking 7 string. The guitar should also preferably come in left handed cuz im left handed if not i can just re string it. I want a guitar that I can do alot with sound wise. It should look pretty good but if not thats alright too. I want a guitar that can shred without sounding like crap and can play good on the high notes as well as the low notes. Suggestions on what type of guitar is good for this are welcome..... preferably in the 1-1000$ range

Originally posted by AARRGGHHH
you could try the Yamaha rgx drop6. thats basically a 6 string made to sound like a 7 string, although i dont think it tunes upto normal eadgbe tuning

Basically has a longer scale length, in effect making the strings tighter when you downtune. You can tune it to whatever you want to. It'll also make the strings tighter in normal tuning. Don't know wether they make a lefty version though.

It won't sound like a 7string on the low B unless they've wound the pickups differently. If, of course you choose to tune it that way.

I'd go for an RG, but look for a lefthanded model that isn't the 470. Get a RG5xx, as the bridge is a lot better and will withstand a hell of a lot more abuse, and stay in tune. They make lefthanded versions. They have one in denmark street, london, so you should be able to get hold of one somehow.

If you can afford more, I'd order a custom shop Jackson...

If you're going to stay in tune, look for some Baritone guitars... I know jackson has one (extended scale lenght), but don't know of the model off hand.