Thirsty Whale Reunion

I am not at all.
As I said on FB, a bunch of people I know from my high school go every year, plus I like Shark City and it is close to home.

I would check out Sat to see both PAradoxx and Damien Thorne again.

I think it's cool they do this every year.
I was not a Whale regular by any means, but from the couple times I was there, it was a very well run club with a very hardcore following.

Yeah, saw that.
Each band usually plays 3 or 4 songs only anyhow.

Midwest Metal will be much better as they will get 40 minutes.

Not sure if you heard, but Ancient Dreams are playing that one too! :Smokedev:

For those who care, PLAN OF ATTACK by Paradoxx will be available LEGALLY for the first time at this show.
It will be limited to only 100 copies.

You know what the original goes for!

Damn, if I was in town, this would almost be enough incentive to go.
Unfortunately, Damien Thorne pulled out of this.

For those who care, PLAN OF ATTACK by Paradoxx will be available LEGALLY for the first time at this show.
It will be limited to only 100 copies.

You know what the original goes for!

Damn, if I was in town, this would almost be enough incentive to go.
Unfortunately, Damien Thorne pulled out of this.

If Damient Thorne was still palying id be there in a heart beat but maybe ill go for this. Whats the format?

just got back from this show....

1.way to many cover bands.
2. lots of old rocker girls. some still had it...most didn't.
3. Paradoxx with the original singer were top notch. Wow!! I am not a huge Paradoxx fan and I was blown away. Sound was top notch. Super tight performance. During the set the guy who used to run the Thirsty Whale came on stage and told the story how Paradoxx and the one guy from Catalano ( ex - Ragnarokkr vet) pretty much got the Thirsty Whale going to what it became. Paradoxx were selling their CD... 100 copies...pro made by the way with a fold out booklet numbered and signed for 20 bucks each.
4. The 3 stages were cool. One big stage where Paradoxx and Hammeron played on. The other stage was on the floor right next to the big one so when one band was done the other started right up. The third stage was outside in the beer garden.
5. Hammeron were really good. Just really heard of them this past week. Jason Ward from Flotsam and Jetsam's brother used to drum for them and he past away so his brother came on stage and did a tribute to him. Since Paradoxx played over their time limit Hammeron got cut short. Lots of people stuck around an hour later to see them. Their album is going to be reissued. I asked about it after the show.

6. A terrible terrible AC/DC tribute finished off the night.....seriously they had terrible costumes and looked like a band making a joke of it.
7. Shark City is a cool venue....wish they put on the air conditioning...a few bands were even joking on stage about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shark City is a great venue which I have recommended to Odin to host the fest in the past. I know its not close to the train and stuff, so maybe not as convenient for out of towners.

anyhow, hopefully Reggies will continue to work out, but if for some reason down the road not, Shark City should be considered.