This guitar tone + reverb? (Psychodelic rock)

nezvers

Beast
Oct 5, 2010
Latvia, Riga
I haven't done much rock stuff and because of that I don't have a clue how to make this psychedelic rock type guitar tone. It has so good reverbed but isn't washed out. Also what would be way to get that tone itself?
Clean or smooth tubescreamer into fender type amp? Probably fender single-coiled would work better for that stuff, but that's not for me tho.

http://youtu.be/X5Izm1LQfw4?t=1m58s

Last edited by a moderator:
Use parallel reverb. Solo the guitar and get the nice "washy" distant tone you like. Kill some of the lows and highs. No need for frequencies that aren't super important to reverbs tone. Then bring the mix in, the guitar will be to distant in the back now. Now bring up the "unreverbed" guitar just until it starts to poke through.

Also try to use different reverb settings than the competing instruments. Not different to the point of a different space, just different settings perhaps pre delay / tail times.

I do feel that in this mix the guitar is still a bit "undefined/washy". But it fits the music I suppose.

Hope this helps. \m/ \m/

No?

Create a track/aux/bus with Reverb 100% wet, send (lead) guitar to it. Blend with original track.

Oh, that's how I always do it. I misunderstood that one... my bad.

Seems I have to get more into spring reverb, because I kinda avoided of it all this time.

Lead guitar tone (part where it has more gain) for this track is bit tricky for me. It sound like overdrive but also when it hit harder note sound like octaver fuzz with octave above :err:.