this has to be said because this kid is stupid lol

Suck to be him. He could have spent all that money on expensive hi class whores and good drinks for him and his friends. That would be a story for his grandkids.

To mock the kid for trying and failing is just being a cunt.

I applaud his efforts.

Fair play for him for trying. But at the same time, its an expensive lesson to learn. The way I see it is if you are putting that much money in to it, you really need to have your stuff down in terms of planning and preparation (which it appears he didn't).

Having said that, to get anywhere in terms of making money you have to take risks. I think with some planning this could have been a calculated one, but from the sound of things, he basically threw 20 odd grand into the future of dance music.

While the moral of the story is debatable, I'd ask anyone on this forum to spellcheck their entries (even when written at 6 a.m.) ...

jester: call me old or arrogant, but I stopped reading your report halfway through, because I just couldn't take it anymore ...

To spend nearly $50,000 and not know BACKWARDS AND FUCKING FRONT what you're doing..........I have zero sympathy.

Dude should have bought 5 of the finest hookers in the world and had the night of his life. :lol:

To mock the kid for trying and failing is just being a cunt.

I applaud his efforts.

+1

You gotta respect the fact that he tried to give your band the oportunity to play to a crowd of that capacity.
Hes learnt his lessons on this one and will be wiser for next time.
Oh and who does a dry hire of a club without a house engineer on hand??

Also the rig at Minstry maybe geared up to push maximum bass but it will be full range without the gaps in the frequency range you were talking about.

+1

You gotta respect the fact that he tried to give your band the oportunity to play to a crowd of that capacity.
Hes learnt his lessons on this one and will be wiser for next time.
Oh and who does a dry hire of a club without a house engineer on hand??

Also the rig at Minstry maybe geared up to push maximum bass but it will be full range without the gaps in the frequency range you were talking about.

I wonder if there will be a next time ...

Also: knowing organizers/club owners - if your contract/rider/whatever doesn't demand hands, electricians and house engineers some of them will not hesitate to have NO ONE present except for the janitor opening the building ...

I wonder if there will be a next time. Knowing organizers/club owners: if your contract/rider/electrician/whatever doesn't demand hands and house engineers some of them will not hesitate to have NO ONE present except for the janitor opening the building ...

True but firstly I think it would be a shame if he gave up after learning all of this.

Secondly any responsible club should tell a promoter, especially such a young one what they need to hire it regard to staff but also who would want to leave their PA in the hands of someone with no clue?

True but firstly I think it would be a shame if he gave up after learning all of this.

Secondly any responsible club should tell a promoter, especially such a young one what they need to hire it regard to staff but also who would want to leave their PA in the hands of someone with no clue?

No disrespect to you man, but "responsible clubowner"? Isn't that an oxymoron? Or like Megadeth said "two words combined that can't make sense ..." :D

No disrespect to you man, but "responsible clubowner"? Isn't that an oxymoron? Or like Megadeth said "two words combined that can't make sense ..." :D

In some cases yes but the Ministry of Sound and the backroom of a pub are quite different.

When I worked in a venue when we had people life this come in we used to sit them down for production meetings and go through everything with them. Basically we would try and put them off doing it by pointing out everything they needed to pay for and consider and then if they still wanted to go ahead with it we used to work with them on it as part of what we were hired to do and make sure their event was a sucess. Even if its a dry hire a good event will stand a better chance of being repeated ie another hire and it was all good bar take for the venue.

In some cases yes but the Ministry of Sound and the backroom of a pub are quite different.

When I worked in a venue when we had people life this come in we used to sit them down for production meetings and go through everything with them. Basically we would try and put them off doing it by pointing out everything they needed to pay for and consider and then if they still wanted to go ahead with it we used to work with them on it as part of what we were hired to do and make sure their event was a sucess. Even if its a dry hire a good event will stand a better chance of being repeated ie another hire and it was all good bar take for the venue.

Hm, I have never heard of the club, but if jester's acoount of the night is true, then it really makes me wonder about the whole thing ...