this has to be said because this kid is stupid lol

Do you have a Picture of the kid, taken in the moment of Maximum distress??

no but i know someone will..

so how many tickets did your band sell to your show?

we only baught 13 i think at £11 each, and sold them all, aswell as getting at least another 5 -8 people to turn up at the door

While the moral of the story is debatable, I'd ask anyone on this forum to spellcheck their entries (even when written at 6 a.m.) ...

jester: call me old or arrogant, but I stopped reading your report halfway through, because I just couldn't take it anymore ...

yah sorry man, i'm not good like that, but i did feel i cud collapse, eyes were blurring and all sorts.

You gotta respect the fact that he tried to give your band the oportunity to play to a crowd of that capacity.
Hes learnt his lessons on this one and will be wiser for next time.
Oh and who does a dry hire of a club without a house engineer on hand??

we did alot! he was one brave kid, and he just thought he was more than capable to Engineer a venue of that size and not taking in acount of the acoustics of the room. he was soo grateful we helped out, so that side of the nite was an up point.

Also the rig at Minstry maybe geared up to push maximum bass but it will be full range without the gaps in the frequency range you were talking about.

trust me, it wasnt lol! we went out back into the amp room basically to turn them all on... they only had subs, high mid range speakers and tweeters! we did complain to the venue about this, and they said they may invest in some for that one room. but it looked like even the club owners didnt have a clue.

there was only one other guy that new the ins and outs off the venue and all the sound equipment and that was the lighting engineer. he was a big help too. we probs wudnt have found a thing without him.

live and learn... he should have done it at the mean fiddler if that still exists...
would have been cheaper i reckon aswell to hire. and everyone knows were it is... ministry of sound was in the backstreets near 'elephant and castle' tube station.

i do respect the kid for wat he did that night, but he really really should have done his homework on it first!

we did alot! he was one brave kid, and he just thought he was more than capable to Engineer a venue of that size and not taking in acount of the acoustics of the room. he was soo grateful we helped out, so that side of the nite was an up point.

Sorry, it might be just me, but starting a thread titled "this has to be said because this kid is stupid lol" doesn't sound like respecting his efforts.

Am I the only one who thinks that the author of this thread is talking alot of strange things...?

Even if I believed this story, which I don't, there is absolutely no reason to talk bad about a person who thinks he is doing the right thing (as long as no body else is let down) and has the courage to try it.

And please, jesterroot4, try a little and enhance your othography. It just hurts the eyes.

Gotta feel sorry for the kid, but you know the saying, "A fool & his money..."

He should have started small, built up a reputation, & then moved on to the bigger shows. You can't start at the top.

-0z-

Am I the only one who thinks that the author of this thread is talking alot of strange things...?

Even if I believed this story, which I don't, there is absolutely no reason to talk bad about a person who thinks he is doing the right thing (as long as no body else is let down) and has the courage to try it.

And please, jesterroot4, try a little and enhance your othography. It just hurts the eyes.

lol wish you had came down. but believe what you want. i mentioned before i'm not good with words lol

Sorry, it might be just me, but starting a thread titled "this has to be said because this kid is stupid lol" doesn't sound like respecting his efforts.

before i started this thread, my first reaction to hear what was going to happen that night was like.. ''holy shit, hows this kid going to pull it off?'' and yes personally i thought it was a stupid idea and he would loose out big time.

and when seeing his face around the venue, i did feel for him and kept trying to cheer him up. it was good thing he was trying to do, and i do respect his efforts to make the night go as well as possible, but from my own point of view i do still think that it was a silly idea, and i couldn't see how he would have made his money back from the actions he took.

He should have started small, built up a reputation, & then moved on to the bigger shows. You can't start at the top.

exactly what i think!

i just wanted to share this kids experience with you to have you guys aware of the risks and money you can loose by taking big big risks without looking into it first.

everyones entitled to an opinion so stop digging at me

Actually I think that this boy has much more to do with an "arrogant full of money" than with "hard worker full of hope swimming against the stream".

You know, the kind that says "I have money, fuck you all. I rule the world and can make anything. I don´t need brain, I have an Amex Platinum and the world is in my hands."

I promoted gigs at Imperial College for a couple of years with my girl, we never once lost any money. Even on the nights with 15 people we pulled enough cash in to cover our costs. It was never done to make a profit (student RockSoc) but had we wanted we could have made a few hundred every gig. Something serious must have gone wrong for him to bugger up that badly.

Not at all and its not just the way its phrased.

trust me, it wasnt lol! we went out back into the amp room basically to turn them all on... they only had subs, high mid range speakers and tweeters! we did complain to the venue about this, and they said they may invest in some for that one room. but it looked like even the club owners didnt have a clue.

I find this pretty hard to believe for a professional club of the caliber of ministry of sound who are a huge brand with a huge turnover. Also even if it was the case that they had nothing covering the low mids why not just drop the crossover point of the upper mids ands maybe raise the crossover point of the subs slightly?

Im not saying your making it up at all. Its just Ive worked with people like minstry and gods kitchen before and this doesnt sound like how they operate. I think if the house PA tech was in it would have been a different experience.
No one would ever instal a system in any kind of venue and miss out an entire frequency range.

(IMHO, with all due respect. Insert as applicable)