This is a thread about Black Sabbath.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Question:
Is there a definitive version of the self-titled in terms of track order, sound, artwork, etc.? I mostly care about missing Wicked World really, if someone could upload that for me I'd say "gee, that's awfully swell."

Observation:
While doing the dishes a few minutes ago I found myself shaking my ass to Sabbath as opposed to headbanging like normal, I must be getting old.

Discussion:
Black Sabbath are the greatest metal band in history. ¿Sì o no?

Greatest...? Hmmm.... Well, no, both Iron Maiden and Bathory are better. And I have a couple of other personal favourites, but I would never presume to call them 'better' than Sabbath.

That said, Dio owns Ozzy's ass so hard and completely, the old junkie isn't even worthy of twitching in the dirt under his feet. That man is the ONLY vocalist that could ever dream of rivalling the allmighty Dickinson! Anyone heard the bootleg where they do "Rainbow in the Dark" together? It rules...

Here's Wicked World, by the way:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=4885511C65211D9A

Question: Probably the late-90s Castle remaster that eliminates the medleys, if you can find it. Or if missing Wicked World is your concern, just replace your old copy with anything with that song.
Observation: Shaking your ass to Sabbath is gay and lying, unless done publicly to get a rise out of jaded metalheads.

Erik said:
ozzy, quite frankly, is a talentless wank
You know what's funny, the first time I heard The Wizard (always been my favorite Sabbath tune) I assumed it was from the Dio days because the vocals were actually good. :dopey:

Ozzy's biggest talent lies in surrounding himself with very talented people.

Cheers for ze uploads. :headbang:

Ozzy is the only Sabbath vocalist that mattered. THis has been established over and over again.

The midget is forgettable.

I haven't read this thread yeat, but let me just point out that Vol. 4 would be a 10/10 if it weren't for "Changes" and I don't really care for "FX" but it's short. Selling England by Genesis would be 10/10 if it weren't for the sappy-pappy Phil Collins crappy "More Fool Me" and "Master of Reality" is a really short album

Demilich said:
Never mind the Dio era songs being generally incomparable in atmosphere & quality...
incomparable as in "yeah drugged out sabbath with drugged out ozzy sure couldnt have done anything like children of the sea, thats damn fucken sure": yes

Dick Sirloin said:
I haven't read this thread yeat, but let me just point out that Vol. 4 would be a 10/10 if it weren't for "Changes" and I don't really care for "FX" but it's short.
Yep, and I actually enjoy Changes on a weird level, but it definitely makes me punchy.

Hey could someone upload Evil Woman for me? That was the song I'm missing, not Wicked World. [/idiot]

Ozzy was an awesome vocalist back in the beginnings of Black Sabbath, but he sucks now and basically after he left BS in the first place. It sucks because when he dies, people are going to remember him as that crazy burned-out loser who couldn't really speak and did wacky shit all day- not as that very talented vocalist who was a part of the most influental albums of all time.

A while back I listened to Swinging the Chain about 10 times a day for several days. Not sure why, but it hit me right at the time.

Anyoldway, yeah, best metal band ever. My favorite album changes, but overall it's probably Sabotage. I like the post-Ozzy Sabbath, but realize it's a full several fucking steps behind the original article.