This is a thread about Black Sabbath.

MFJ said:
Ozzy was an awesome vocalist back in the beginnings of Black Sabbath, but he sucks now and basically after he left BS in the first place. It sucks because when he dies, people are going to remember him as that crazy burned-out loser who couldn't really speak and did wacky shit all day- not as that very talented vocalist who was a part of the most influental albums of all time.

Totally, Ozzy is another person that falls under my catagorey of "Sometimes I wish they had just died back in..."

MFJ said:
Ozzy was an awesome vocalist back in the beginnings of Black Sabbath, but he sucks now and basically after he left BS in the first place. It sucks because when he dies, people are going to remember him as that crazy burned-out loser who couldn't really speak and did wacky shit all day- not as that very talented vocalist who was a part of the most influental albums of all time.
If someone is retarded enough to remember Ozzy as a "crazy burned-out loser" rather than this awesome, absolute rock figure he was (and IS), then it's his fault. Personally his impact on me as an artist can't be erased, even if he makes another 23423423 "The Osbournes".
By the way most of his personal albums present high quality, especially the first 2.

IOfTheStorm said:
(and IS),

This is where you lost me. He practically made the first Sabbath albums, true, but he has tainted the legacy gravely in the past years. That doesn't take away from the album, in themselves, but I can never look up to him again. EVER.

^ I agree with Crimson Velvet here. When I saw Ozzy play at the last Ozzfest he headlined in the UK, and before he came on there was this video screen series of sketches, one of which included Ozzy dressed up as Paris Hilton and deep-throating a banana, I was like 'Y'know what? I don't need to see this.'

According to the New York Post, Ozzy Osbourne has filed a lawsuit against his BLACK SABBATH bandmate Tony Iommi, claiming that Iommi illegally took sole ownership of the band's name in a filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Osbourne is suing Iommi for a 50 percent interest in the "Black Sabbath" trademark, along with a portion of Iommi's profits from use of the name.

The Manhattan federal court suit also charges that Osbourne's "signature lead vocals" are largely responsible for the band's "extraordinary success," noting that its popularity plummeted during his absence from 1980 through 1996.

Ozzy's suit follows one filed by Iommi in December 2008 against Live Nation. In that filing, Iommi claims the concert giant sold merchandise bearing the band's logo, despite the 2006 expiration of a merchandising deal, reportedly worth nearly $80 million. Soon after that agreement concluded, Iommi reclaimed the band's trademark.

Iommi's suit argues Live Nation continued to sell more than 100 items of merchandise featuring the band's likeness, name and logo, despite the receipt of cease-and-desist orders from the guitarist's camp. Iommi's suit seeks damages in the amount of three times the profits from the merchandise sales, plus a halt to the BLACK SABBATH product sales.

Iommi and Geezer Butler have both said some less than kind things about working with Osbourne in a new interview with Decibel magazine. The pair recently completed a new studio album as HEAVEN & HELL, the post-Ozzy version of SABBATH featuring vocalist Ronnie James Dio, and Butler said that working with Dio was much easier than Osbourne. He explained, "Ronnie's a songwriter in his own right — he's got tons of ideas. Whereas Ozzy . . . in the old days, he'd come up with a vocal line and I'd write the lyrics. Ronnie is 100 percent involved in both the musical side and the vocal side, and he writes his own lyrics as well."

Butler added that Osbourne didn't take him seriously as a songwriter, saying, "If we were with Ozzy and I came in with the killer riff of all time, Ozzy wouldn't even think of doing it because I'm not the guitarist and that's the way he thinks . . . That's why it was so bloody hard to write anything."

Butler said about HEAVEN & HELL's debut CD, "The Devil You Know", "If we'd written this album with Ozzy, we'd still be working on the first track."

Iommi added that there was a sharp difference between the singers live as well, saying, "It was great being with Ozzy on the road . . . but with Ronnie it's a lot different, because we go out and we know exactly what we're gonna be doing. With Ozzy, we didn't really know. It was touch and go sometimes on some of those early shows, whether he was gonna turn up, if he'd be able to sing, if his voice was gone, or what. We'd have to cancel shows, which Geezer and myself really hated. But with Ronnie, we've never canceled a show."

HEAVEN & HELL will tour Europe later this spring and summer, with North American dates scheduled for August.

Ozzy Osbourne is currently working on his next solo album.

ozzy osbourne is and always was an irrelevant twat who can't sing and all his solo albums are 100% shit

Back in ye olden times I had Paranoid...and maybe that's it...which was gay and lying. I've been on a Sabbath binge and I now possess the S/T, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Vol. IV, Sabotage, Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules, and Dehumanizer (those deluxe digipack versions they did a few years ago).

Reactions: Krilons Resa
Volume 4 > Heaven and Hell > almost everything

Holy Diver > Diary of a Madman > many other things

Ozzy v. Dio = tie game

Dio was clearly more consistent but Ozzy has some fuckin' shining moments. A National Acrobat? COME ON.

Doesn't matter anyway. My favoUrite Sabbath album is currently Tyr.

I still have a lot of listening to go before I can accurately assess (thus invalidating the rest of this post), BUT:

Master of Reality is one of the greatest albums of all time.

Both Ozzy and Dio eras rule. While Ozzy isn't as technically strong as Dio, his voice is unique and played a significant role in the awesomeness of songs like "Black Sabbath" and "Hand of Doom" which you just don't find elsewhere.

I'm not even going to venture a soon to be retracted comment on solo Ozzy and Dio.

Ozzy is the only Sabbath vocalist that mattered. THis has been established over and over again.

The midget is forgettable.

All Sab rules. These days I actually reach for the Tony Martin albums the most

ITT: a methul evolution!

I was hoping to stick to Ozzy and Dio and not have to investigate all the rest, but we'll see.

heaven and hell is the best black sabbath album

Children of the Sea :kickass:

I disown all those 25000 previous posts. I was a douche.

But I was right about Celtuc Frost. They are still trash