This is a thread about Black Sabbath.

I listened to the BS tribute, Nativity in Black for the 1st time in years. The Biohazard (I know, I know), Ministry, and Type O Negative covers are great stuff.

Anyone ever listen to Cannibal Corpse cover Zero the Hero? Funny shit right there.

I listened to the BS tribute, Nativity in Black for the 1st time in years. The Biohazard (I know, I know), Ministry, and Type O Negative covers are great stuff.

Anyone ever listen to Cannibal Corpse cover Zero the Hero? Funny shit right there.

Chris Barnes has basically made a career of doing this :lol: I do love extreme metal covers of non-extreme metal songs though.

Type O's Paranoid cover is the best.

This is another slowed down version that I like:

Yep, the Paranoid cover is great stuff.

If you really want a laugh, listen to UltraViolence's cover of Iron Man. So damn terrible that it's enjoyable.

I have the DEP Sessions and Fused by Iommi. Glenn Hughes sings on both and these are actually really good albums for fans of Sab. I dont have the album where every song has a different singer, but DEP and Fused are a helluva lot better than Seventh Star.

I love this tribute album, got it when it was first released because I mean the band list on the front for a 15 year old in 1994 was like OOOOOMMMMFFFFFGGGG. In fact I think it was my first Black Sabbath CD, because previously I only had a mixtape from a friend with The Wizard and a few other songs on there. Needless to say, I started buying up proper Black Sabbath albums immediately afterward.

This was in that window between me hearing Bloody Kisses for the first time ever and not being into it, but before October Rust came out when I fell in love with TON. I really enjoyed their cover so figured some day I'd be into them, so yeah. Good holding place at the time.

The guitar tone on COC's Lord of this World combined with the squeaky door sound (?) during the opening riff is one of my all-time favoUrite sounds.

Celtic Frost still rule though. But I totally understand when people don't like them. They are WEIRD.

Morbid Tales and To Mega Therion are both so good that I crap myself whenever I listen to them. It can be a real problem sometimes.