This is for Chromatose specifically, but feel free to read!

mReEtTaIlRsEkD

New Metal Member
Oct 4, 2002
Pulse was not good. It was actually kind of bad.

Had their explanation of the "old-naked-chalk-men" occurred earlier in the film, turning into some sort of neo-zombie movie... that would have been kind of cool. Then they could have added some sort of metaphorical value to the flick.
Or if they had localized the chalk dudes to the chick... it could have been insanity driven.

But no.
It was dumb-driven.

I am curious to see the original Jap-movie again, to know what the fuck I could have saw in the storyline that first seemingly glorious time.

It also crossed my mind that maybe Japanese writers are lame and the directors are so vague that the ambiguity makes the movie great.

But then Sex Machineguns remind that Japan is the dominant race.

MIIIIIIIIIIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Did anyone think PULSE was going to be good?

It looks like trash from the previews, I will sit this one out.

On another Note, I saw Descent last weekend. It was ok at best, much better than the Cave, but that isn't hard.

The movie starts off very slow, but there are some nice gore when it does get going.

retarded penguin said:
I am curious to see the original Jap-movie again, to know what the fuck I could have saw in the storyline that first seemingly glorious time.

No, actually, I think that's about it.

It is a great movie, but not because of any storyline really, the entire Kairo storyline is a mess of nonsense... BUT it excels with atmosphere, and oh what an atmosphere!

I'll definitely pass on Pulse, I can't recall any remakes of these jap horror-thrillers that I've enjoyed. Mostly because they're psychological horror films, so when you take out any sort of 'thriller' aspect to them, and try to americanize them by making them "oh no scary stuff" type horror, it doesn't work out. At that point it just becomes silly.

Did anyone think PULSE was going to be good?
I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD!

Kairo was amazing, man

I have no idea WHY. But I remember when it was done I felt "moved".I gave it a 10, I think! I LIKED IT!!!sajkhfbaksjhbfkajs

Chromatose said:
No, actually, I think that's about it.

It is a great movie, but not because of any storyline really, the entire Kairo storyline is a mess of nonsense... BUT it excels with atmosphere, and oh what an atmosphere!

Well, that was certainly the approach in this one (Pulse). I really need to check and see if I still have Kairo in one of my hard drives.

retarded penguin said:
I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD!

Kairo was amazing, man

I have no idea WHY. But I remember when it was done I felt "moved".I gave it a 10, I think! I LIKED IT!!!sajkhfbaksjhbfkajs

It seems that was the point. It was more of a social commentary than anything else as far as I'm concerned.

I remember something about the point that computers pushed us farther apart, as opposed to the intent; "wiring us".

(what a shitty sentence)

right, something about how cold and lonely we are when we're posting on message boards and not venturing out of our rooms.. IN EFFECT, WE ARE JAPANESE ZOMBIE GHOSTS WHO PEE PUDDLES OF BLACK GOO

i had to drive to the mall at 8 pm on a friday night and wait there an hour and a half because i was supposed to take my sister and her friends home after they saw that.

going solely on that, i'd say the movie sucks.