I realize this is lame but...

I saw him live and he was shredding on his guitar so hard he broke a bunch of strings off and shit. He was going nuts. His microphone was also a revolver with the barrel replaced with the mic. He also gave everyone who attended the show (at a large stadium no less) a free copy of his newest album. He is alright in my book.

About a year ago, a friend asked me to come up with not a single genius, but 3 of them from modern music (modern was defined as 1980 - present). A group of us sat around and, while many names were brought up and debated, only one qualified with everybody at the table...Prince.

Ima gonna have to excuse myself from this forum now.
(after about 8000 more posts)

I have 966 CDs/LPs (and two cassettes), plus 4 on the way (10 if you want to count the Black Sabbath Black Box CDs separately, which I will since they're all in individual digipacks). About 50 or so of that total would be LPs and 7"s, the rest (besides the two cassettes) being CDs. This is not including my tradelist, though I can probably spare to move about a dozen or so from the shelf to the trade box. I think I'm going to do another purge once I hit 1,000.

About 300 cds and 40-50 LPs here.

I don't see the rate of growth slowing down anytime soon.

Ars Magna, you are correct. Every time I think I know a lot about music, I discover there's a lot more out there that I didn't know yet.

About a year ago, a friend asked me to come up with not a single genius, but 3 of them from modern music (modern was defined as 1980 - present). A group of us sat around and, while many names were brought up and debated, only one qualified with everybody at the table...Prince.

Meh. An incredible performer, yes, but too derivative. I know everyone is in some sense and blah blah, but when I hear Prince, I hear a few other notable artists thrown into a blender.

Hendrix is the vibe I get off him the most, and I forget the others. I'm a little drunk and quite tired and haven't heard much of his stuff lately or ever, so as usual I'm totally gay and shouldn't be trusted.

Hendrix is the vibe I get off him the most, and I forget the others. I'm a little drunk and quite tired and haven't heard much of his stuff lately or ever, so as usual I'm totally gay and shouldn't be trusted.

I can see some resemblance to Hendrix but, you have to admit, he took it and went somewhere completely his own. I can't think of anyone (in the modern era) that doesn't borrow in some way from someone else.

I'm also under the influence of alcohol ("when you take the devil into your mouth, you are doomed, for he is lying, in wait, inside that bottle of whiskey"), so I am probablymaking no sense. All I know is that Prince should be viewed in high esteem among fans of music. I understand if you don't appreciate what he creates. I think a lot of it is crap, but he is definitely one who deserves respect as a musician.

Dude, for the record, you're a great addition to this forum. Stick around! :kickass:

I'll try to check out some Prince sometime. Maybe upload some quality tracks for me?

Dude, for the record, you're a great addition to this forum. Stick around! :kickass:

Thanks! Not sure if you saw my earlier post but I fucking love it here. There may be other forums like this one but I don't hit forums often unless it's on a tip from someone. This place is great.

I'll try to check out some Prince sometime. Maybe upload some quality tracks for me?

That's a big responsibility. I only have a couple of things from him (greatest hits and something recent). A lot of what I love from him is old-school (nostalgia) so I might lean more towards what I like as oppsed to what shows off his...uh...skills. I would hate to ruin Prince for all of you. :lol:

Here comes the ignorance...how would I go about doing that? I have no idea. :erk: