This is for the musicians...

Originally posted by †Russel Allen†®

That is awesome!!! Now, answer me which drummer you prefer... Jason Rullo or Tom Walling?!?! I guess that both has its features... like, to me, Tom is much more technical and perfeccionist, ya know... like, every single beat must be played in its pretty right damn time... heheheheh... and Rullo, to me, is more "ass-kicker"... hehehehehe... like, a real metal drummer... play things with more feeling than Mr. Walling... :)

Well Russel i agree on rullo being a more kick ass drummer but i cant deny that Tom is a kick ass drummer too.Lets put it this way i'm more into technical drummers like Tom or thomas haake from meshuggah or morgan agren,weckl,colaiuta,bozzio,the drummer form watchtower and more cause these guys feed me with the food i need to play the drums but generally i like to see a drummer like Rullo who just plays what the song needs and dont really show of all their skills in a song and just go and kick ass.I mean a Mike Portnoy is great but the audience likes to see a Rullo more a guess cause not all the public are musicians like me or you.If i go to a show of a dream theater i think most of the audience are musicians who come to see either Mike or John freak.But i think symphony kicks more ass then dream in my opinion cause you guys rock more.For me as a drummer of course its fun to show off all the things i can and cant,lol.So if you know a band there that needs a drummer let me know,haha.Maybe we see each other in tilburg with the starone project of arjan,cheers Stanford

Jesus that's an impressive list Russ....

although I'm a fan I've never had the inclination of working everything out note for note... esp coz of the downtuning, had the same problem with Malmsteen.

used to do it when I was younger with Satriani (know ALL his songs to perfection!!!) and did it to death with Dream Theater (ok I admit I still learn everything they do note for note!)

I concentrate on my own stuff now - that's difficult enough!

Hehhehehe! The funny thing is, that, I've heard SyX songs SOOOOOOOOOOO much... for so long, that, when I tried to play 'em on my guitar, it flew very very natural... and, I "D"tuned (hehehe!) my guitar, so I had to learn to play all the other songs (like Blind Guardian, DT, etc., etc.,) in their respective tunes, with my guitar tuned in D...

Whatever you do, don't get the Young Guitar SyX tab book, theres soooo many mistakes it isnt even funny. I really wish that transcribers would bother to learn a bit about the guitarists style before they go transcribing their songs...

I'm really bothered with the right guitar & bass tuning... Is it DADGBE, DGCFAD, CGCFAD, BEADF#B or some other...? I know they play with normal 6-string guitar & 4-string bass but is there any official information about the tuning...

btw, The Eyes Of Medusa has one part where bass plays a C2 which is an octave lower than the C3 on A-string 3-fret. Tuning: CGCF? Or lower...?

The reasong I'm asking this is because I'm sequencing TEOM-MIDI with Guitar Pro and therefore right tuning would be nice...