This is funny... The clown from slipknot said this.

Dec 30, 2002
Olympia WA
"That's how angry I get at the music scene. I understand music has to move, but I've never felt so sorry for people listening to music right now, because it's fucking CRAP!! Nu-metal? GARBAGE! It's garbage, dude! It is! If you know you're a nu-metal band, you're fucking GARBAGE, end of the story. "

WTF...? He said this? His band (Slipknot) is nu-metal. They're a lot more aggressive than other nu-metal bands but they're still nu-metal.

He said they are going to be "thrashy" when he was making Iowa. Yeah right. Slipknot hates being called nu-metal and they want be considered real metal. If they want that title they should make more technical songs with riff changes and solos.

I dont really consider them New Metal at all. They dont fit the Nu Metal cliche at all.

And I hope youre not serious about the year 91 remark. ISIS, SuperJoint Ritual, Mystick Krewe of Clearlight, Spirit Caravan... they were formed after 91 and are far from Nu Metal.

Hm....Well....His confusion doesn't particularly surprise me........After all, he did apparently snort a line of live ants, or something....

Why are they nu-metal? Unlike most nu-metal bands some of their songs sound close to grindcore (I bet most of you'll disagree with me on this but). They have traits like simple riffs, no solos and teen angst/depression lyrics.