This is funny... The clown from slipknot said this.

C-Taylor said:
Hardly considering Papa Roach dont sing about how they hate life and what is wrong with the world.

Cut my life into pieces
I've reached my last resort, suffocation, no breathing
Don't give a fuck if I cut my arms bleeding
Do you even care if I die bleeding
Would it be wrong, would it be right
If I took my life tonight, chance are that I might
Mutilation out of sight and I'm contemplating suicide

-Papa Roach (sure sounds like they're not too happy with life to me, unless suicide is a good thing)

No, a trait of rapcore. Not nu-metal. The band also never rapped on Iowa, only on some songs on the self titled, MFKR was an experimental album, they used lots of different elements, even resorting to funk, and disco at one point.

So, rap is not a trait of nu-metal. Funny, I hear some rap influences with Papa Roach, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Disturbed and I'm sure there are more.

ell its true, they are heavier sounding than other "numetal" bands out there.

Again, a band is not judged solely on brutality.

welcome to 2003.

Well, I'm not sure what you intended on getting across with this statement. Next time, try explaining yourself better. THanks for the welcome.

Theyre not considered metal because they dont consentrate on theyre guitar elements, and use lots of distortion, simple notes and whatso. They consentrate on theyre drumming, which is pretty rare in the mainstream, they are also not considered metal because of the many metalheads who think they loose theyre metal mentallity throughout theyre peers if they listen to it or call it metal, but the fact remains they have more metal elemts than they would punk, rap, rock, or anything.

It's hard not to concentrate on drumming when you have three of them.

I constantly hear about the "mentality" thing and to be honest, I really don't see this metality beyond the 15 year old kiddies who are trying to be a hardcore metalhead. Most 20-somethings just see the music for it is- below quality.

People have lots of different tastes of music. Take a look at in flames, they admitted to listening to the backstreet boys, but theyre they are a metal band.

Not a very good one.

Snoop dogg is a rapper, but as we just found out, he was influenced by Metallica.. and he isnt even close to metal rock or any sort, he's a full blown sucesfull rapper.

Yes, I heard of this. Although I'm skeptical, because Snoop isn't exactly what we'd call a publicity dodger.

Lets take it your in a band, you have 5 members. People want you to drop a member that is vital to your live shows and other elements, your also very close friends with this person, would you tell him "your off the band, fuck off" ? I highly doubt it. They havent rapped since theyre self titled either. Sorry.

From what I've heard, the band members are having internal problems, so yes, I might tell one of them to "fuck off".

Dont we all. I'm sure youve got a job, But look at that, you could be selling your soul to a faceless company[/i] :O

I could be, but I choose not to, unlike Slipknot.

Its your opinion weither they suck or not, nothing will take that away, but they basically arent nu metal, and comparing them to other nu metal bands is a joke, theyre only considered nu metal because they have a gimmick (but hey, dont all bands, or how would they get theyre message across ) and they are mainstream, thats basically it. Calling a band nu metal because they are mainstream is pretty fuckign stupid in my honest opinion.

WHo said I called them nu-metal because they are mainstream? I called them nu-metal because they fit the mold, easily.

And I'm tired of everyone's favorite saying "It's just your opinion." When will people realize that not everyone's opinion is equally valid. Sorry....

;)

-Papa Roach (sure sounds like they're not too happy with life to me, unless suicide is a good thing)
Possibly, too bad the majority of theyre lyrics resemble the lyrics i just posted.

So, rap is not a trait of nu-metal. Funny, I hear some rap influences with Papa Roach, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Disturbed and I'm sure there are more.
It is indeed a trait of nu metal. or Rapcore.

Again, a band is not judged solely on brutality.
Niether is it judged by how long a guitarist can hold a riff going or how fast a drummers double bass can go, its on how well te band work as a team and produce good music to the listener who enjoys it. i.e: the way i enjoy slipknots music, not caring what mold they fit into, they could be hardcore fucking plastic for all it matters, although in sayimg that its an aquired taste, it doesnt float everyones boats..

Well, I'm not sure what you intended on getting across with this statement. Next time, try explaining yourself better. THanks for the welcome.
Yeah, I'll explain myself better just for you:
Its what we call the mainstream world, if a band is advertised as brutal in the latest issue of kerrang magazines, people buy it, its how it works now. no matter how much ya can lothe it, it wont go away.

It's hard not to concentrate on drumming when you have three of them.

I constantly hear about the "mentality" thing and to be honest, I really don't see this metality beyond the 15 year old kiddies who are trying to be a hardcore metalhead. Most 20-somethings just see the music for it is- below quality.
Having 3 drummers clearly shows its what they concentrate on, the spare 2 dont do much, besides songs like Iowa where you hear tribal and echo drumming, thats them. in songs like sic they make a whole game of a difference.

I constantly hear the phrase "numetal".
"its numetal - it sucks" - who the fuck cares what they are.
Below quality may be your opinion, but why drovel over someone elses, constantly putting it down, onlooking, is there really a point, its gotten to the stage people need to put down numetal to be respected by theyre peers at some point. Its as if liking anything mainstream makes you less of a metaller and more of an embarrasment, I have more respect for people who can go buy an album completely out of theyre main genre and admit to it, where as an "elitest" would go red and try to hide it like a schoolgirl.

I could be, but I choose not to, unlike Slipknot.
sp your basically saying you are an unemployed bum wth no real voice to society that matters.... unless your still in education ofcourse, that would make a difference and push my face in the mud i'm sure.

WHo said I called them nu-metal because they are mainstream? I called them nu-metal because they fit the mold, easily.

And I'm tired of everyone's favorite saying "It's just your opinion." When will people realize that not everyone's opinion is equally valid. Sorry....
I still dont see how they fit into the mold, they have a gimmick, but yet facepaint black metak bands use a gimmick, slipknot obviously cant express facial emotions with masks on, so they need to take it a step further from other mainstream bands... and they do, to me thatbasically takes them out of any mold such as numetal. they are different, ive heard time and time again "they arent the first mask band!!!111 OMFG!!1 MRBUNGLE:O"... Its just the same as other bands who look the same as bands before them, blah blah, i'm tired of it ll shh :)

Most of my rants arent towrds you btw, i just have a lot to say on the matter but really cant be bothered anymore after see'ing it wont makea difference, ones as bad as the other

:)

DEVIANCE said:
ANYTHING AFTER 91 IS NEW FUCKING METAL AND IT ALL SUCKS ASS

Hey did you know that there is a caps lock button on your keyboard? Look into it sometime... As for your statement, that is pure bull-shit. I have heard some of the greatest bands ever playing music AFTER 1991. So shut the fuck up and keep shit opinions like that to yourself, because no one else cares.

Papa Roach blows. Blows goats to be exact. Why can't those fuckers quit whining about thier ex-girl friends and thier divorced parents. THEY'RE FUCKING IN THEIR THIRTIES AND THEY HAVE BEARDS FOR GOD'S SAKE. Slipknot are nu-metal and they have a few songs with rap in it but at least they aren't as poppy sounding as those shits in Papa Roach. Yeah, I know Slipknot lyrics are pretty tacky but better than Papa Roach's classic.. "LIFE'S NOT FAIR! LIFE'S NOT FAIR!" - She Loves Me Not

BloodyTears said:
Slipknot sucks ass. They are not metal. Metal musicians have talent. These men do not.
So, as a rule, all metal musicians are talented and superior to all other musicians? Can every metal guitarist claim to be able to play all of Metallica's "Master of Puppets" at the age of 12? Because Mick Thompson could. Slipknot make shitty music but don't deny their talent and technical ability.

Mick Thomson is a seriously fast player, I heard the "too extreme for slipknot" thing he done for a magazine ages ago, its very good, the others, which where fast as fuck too, they where brilliant, joey has done countless drum solo's and such and Corey is a brilliant singer, he silenced critics a while ago with bother and other songs like Inhale. The other members arent anything over the top and they do have members that dont do things every song, but they put on a brilliant show I guess :)

Slipknot are totally nu-metal. I don't hate them though; they're a hell of a lot better than Nickleback or Puddle Of Mudd. The only nu-metal bands I really like are Mastodon and Lamb Of God.

Life Sucks said:
Slipknot are totally nu-metal. I don't hate them though; they're a hell of a lot better than Nickleback or Puddle Of Mudd. The only nu-metal bands I really like are Mastodon and Lamb Of God.
Mastodon and Lamb of God is far from nu-metal.

LuminousAether said:
Mastodon and Lamb of God.... nu metal? :rolleyes:
They're neither death metal, doom, thrash, or hardcore, and they have a very modern sound. Actually, Lamb Of God could possibly be considered a death metal band (though there are no blast beats and superfast guitars), but Mastodon is nu-metal.

Mastodon are definitely very related to hardcore, in fact I would call them metalcore. I don't know about the noisecore that Dreamlord suggested, that's a bit too anal in classification. And the Southern Rock thing, that's a little overstated. They may have some southern rock, but very little.

Peope on here seem to think that nu-metal sucks alltogether. There are some good nu-metal bands out there like Chaimara (sp), Killswitch Engage, Scar Culture, Hatebreed etc.. So when I said Mastodon is nu-metal I wasn't saying anything bad; I like Mastodon.