This is the best day of my life

brianhood

No Care Ever
I've worked with some terrible drummers, and since i started doing this 4 months ago, not one drummer has gotten through an entire song in 1 take.

Well today the drummer tracked 5 out of the 6 songs in one take:D the other song was done in 3 takes

tracking 6 songs in less than 2 hours= Epic Win

I've worked with some terrible drummers, and since i started doing this 4 months ago, not one drummer has gotten through an entire song in 1 take.

Well today the drummer tracked 5 out of the 6 songs in one take:D the other song was done in 3 takes

tracking 6 songs in less than 2 hours= Epic Win

Yea I got to track a 15 year old who has never played to a click today. Actually he was pretty good though, but no 1 take jake. I love when people can nail there shit. I did track a pop punk band some time ago and the drummer just killed it. He knew all the tempos and played to just the click, we tracked all 4 songs in about 2 hours with setup.... I want more of those kinda days!!

Anyways congrats Brian....:headbang:

wow you are lucky

I play drums and have tracked songs for albums before - the first few songs you record are epic fail...50,000 takes for each song cause of all the stupid ass errors you make.

then after a few times you get over all that nerve shit and can track solidly. Of course its always easier when you can play to a click in the first place :loco:

Brian you must know what I'm talking about...

Are you serious Joey?
That's intense!
How many songs?
Dude I'm so stoked to get drum mics and my own house this summer so I can record real drums!
Then I can have the satisfaction of actually being able to track a drummer who can do it all one take, if I can find one around here
lol
Congrats Brian!

wow you are lucky

I play drums and have tracked songs for albums before - the first few songs you record are epic fail...50,000 takes for each song cause of all the stupid ass errors you make.

then after a few times you get over all that nerve shit and can track solidly. Of course its always easier when you can play to a click in the first place :loco:

Brian you must know what I'm talking about...

I definitely know what you're talking about. It can get aggravating

congrat man.....but, all the songs with metronome??

yeah i forgot to mention that. Everything was to a click. Easiest quantization i've ever done:)

the guy from ftfd tracked the whole record in 2 days.

6 songs in less than two hours > 10 songs in 2 days
:devil:

I experienced that once....
thought it's gonna be the best recording ever...
til guits and vox came....turned out to be a 4 weeks fixing job!!!!!!
and still doesn't sound good in the end, worst fucking guitarists and vocalist EVER!!!

man soll den Tag nicht vor dem Abend loben.

I experienced that once....
thought it's gonna be the best recording ever...
til guits and vox came....turned out to be a 4 weeks fixing job!!!!!!
and still doesn't sound good in the end, worst fucking guitarists and vocalist EVER!!!

man soll den Tag nicht vor dem Abend loben.

haha yeah that will probably be the case. It took longer to record the scratch tracks on guitar than it did to record all the drums:rolleyes:

I worked a project for a guy who was kind of a one man band in a sense. I didn't do the drum tracking, but he did 14 songs in one day. All the guitar tracks took probably only another two or three days. He actually then did a few drum tracks for a few of my songs. He would listen to each song for about twenty minutes, then go sit behind his kit and say "Hit Record" and out would pop a good chunk of the song. Then he'd come back and listen again for a few minutes, rinse and repeat. Got four songs done that way in one day. Song he had never heard before - I was in awe.

He actually then did a few drum tracks for a few of my songs. He would listen to each song for about twenty minutes, then go sit behind his kit and say "Hit Record" and out would pop a good chunk of the song. Then he'd come back and listen again for a few minutes, rinse and repeat. Got four songs done that way in one day. Song he had never heard before - I was in awe.

sounds like the drummer I'm using for the Alestorm stuff....and pretty much everything else I need a sessiondrummer for...fucking creative drummer also.
really fun working with a guy like that.

funnily enough this scatterbrain can't remember anything for his own bands....never knows what part is on when playing live, but nails the most complicated songs in the studio in like 4 takes, although he's heard them for the first time on session day....always leaves me puzzled

Those guys are great.

When I worked with Christian Nativo I distinctly remember him being shown a song for the first time. In 15 minutes he had charted out a drum part for the entire song. In the next 10 minutes he proceeded to nail that drum part in 2 takes. Less than half an hour for a near perfect drum track, from start to professional finish, where some guys struggle to do 2 songs a day. Makes me fucking weep man.

My band has been lucky enough to find a dude who is easily the best drummer we've ever played with. We did 3 songs in 4 hours a couple weeks back.

that 4 hours included set up time (we tracked in a church sanctuary and had to set up everything - drums, mics, recording rig, etc.) and tear down time I think total tracking and playback/critique time was 2 hours. nailed every song in 1 take, but would record multiple takes using different fills, etc.

I've never experienced it recording any other band or drummer.