This is the thread where JayKeeley wants to talk about Sky Chariots by Slough Feg

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
But first, PIRATES!!!

5wqas

5wqax

5wqb4

Okay so this song rules. Has a real Iron Maiden feel to it, and also a pirate feel. I've been thinking about sailing the high seas a lot lately, and songs like this make me want to do it. ARRR!!!!

I'm liking it much more than Traveller already. That one hasn't taken with me yet, but I've only listened to it while driving which is usually a mistake for new music.

The title track is so far the best on here. Scratch that, there is no title track. Whichever one ends with the title of the album said over and over again, that one. :loco:

One Inch Man said:
I'm liking it much more than Traveller already. That one hasn't taken with me yet
Yeah, it's really good but it does lack the celtic/folk feel that the others have, so it's a bit more straightforward. I have no idea what the new one is going to be like.

Anyway, as you may know, John Cobbet plays on Down Among the Deadmen, and also co-wrote a few songs. You can tell his influence on "Sky Chariots" with that AMAZING mid-section of riffs and guitar lead harmonies.

JayKeeley said:
it does lack the celtic/folk feel that the others have
Yep. I knew it would given the futuristic background, but I'm still a little disappointed. I need to give it more spins before full judgment though.

5y8f9

Not yet. I've got CDs everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE) around my apartment right now, need to clean everything up so I can find what I want to listen to.

*still mad he can't find his Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream CD*

One Inch Man said:
Not yet. I've got CDs everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE) around my apartment right now, need to clean everything up so I can find what I want to listen to.
Yes, 'tis a good thing as much as it is a bad thing. :tickled:

*still mad he can't find his Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream CD*
I have the opposite problem. I find CDs that I never knew I owned. :loco:

I'm actually considering shutting down buying certain genres. I mean, if I own 30 black metal albums but only listen to 5, why do I need MORE?

One Inch Man said:
I'm actually considering shutting down buying certain genres. I mean, if I own 30 black metal albums but only listen to 5, why do I need MORE?
Or just sell what you no longer listen to to make room for replacement. Yes, there is a slight chance you might regret getting rid of some of it, but the percentage chance is really minimal. Maybe 1-2 albums at most.

Out of 85 albums I sold off in one go, I miss 2-3. And even then, maybe.

I think I've sold about 10 on half.com in the past few months. My rule I've had for selling stuff (to avoid regretting it) is if I have zero memory of the album when I look at it gathering dust on the shelf, it's gone! :loco: