This lead tone? how!

Triscore

Auryn Studios
Jan 21, 2010
Basque Country
www.aurynstudios.com
Ok!

This is a question that I suppose a lot of people have done but I propose to you if you can get this tone...You know what they used to do this lead tone?, what pickup, neck or bridge position, what amp, what effects, what cab, what mic?....etc, a lot of questions but I believe in all of you and I´m sure that someone can do. If you want to do some audio test to try would be amazing!!, please, help me to get "similar" tone of the lead, it´s amazing for my taste, sounds like a keyboard sometimes.

Here the sound, you all knows, in the part 1:27

Cheers and all the comments are appreciated!

Tris.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been a huge fan of that lead tone as well. Reminds me of Dream Theater or something....almost "abstract" sounding, if that makes sense.

I, too, would like some info on this.

If I'm not mistaken, the head and cab were both ENGL, the head being the 1st generation Powerball. And a lot of this tone is coming from Nordstrom's micing technique. He may have been leaning a little more toward the off-axis mic for this tone. I'm not sure about delay. I think you're hearing the little bit of reflection from the reverb he used. I'm also pretty sure that it's all neck pickup.