This new "Death" album

LordFireworm

May 26, 2002
Visit site
What do you all make of this proposed new album with Erik Rutan taking up guitar duties?
To be honest,I'm not sure.I was talking to a friend who is a big Death fan and he altogether found it fairly offensive.Obviously no offence meant to Steve or Gene Hoglan or any other members,but is Death without Chuck not similar to making a new Jimi Hendrix Experience album with Joe Satriani taking over from Hendrix?
Steve,you're the only person here who knew Chuck.Could you shed some honest light on this?You there are die hard Death fans who hate this idea.
NO offence meant.You know what I mean.

WOAH...
I have read in quite a few publications that a new Death album is being planned and Erik Rutan of Morbid Angel was to take up guitar Duties.Apparently demos have been made and it is going to sound like Scream Bloody Gore.
Okay man,seriously.I read this in 2 or three magazines in including Terrorizer (Main British magazine) and some other online one I came across when I was searching for information on you.
Am I totally off the map here?
If so,I'm sorry.I'm really only transcribing what I've read.Can you put an end to this here now then?

I can't do anything about it because I know nothing about this so called project. Probably just a rumor. Anyone with respect for Chuck wouldn't even consider it. I see it as an insensitive and cheap way to get noticed. There's so many bands that sound like Death already why not just start something new? Chuck put an end to Death before he passed on, and out of respect for him - let that decision ride man.

Originally posted by HippieOfDoom
I can't do anything about it because I know nothing about this so called project. Probably just a rumor. Anyone with respect for Chuck wouldn't even consider it. I see it as an insensitive and cheap way to get noticed. There's so many bands that sound like Death already why not just start something new? Chuck put an end to Death before he passed on, and out of respect for him - let that decision ride man.

Jesus,dude.I'm happy about that.The reason I initially posted about it was because I did'nt like the sound of it.Like I said,just read about.A spreading rumor it would appear.
Sorry to take you by surprise there.

Even if they did do it and it was considered the greatest metal album ever I would refuse to even consider buying it, as I hope any other fan would do....

Originally posted by Sadistik
Even if they did do it and it was considered the greatest metal album ever I would refuse to even consider buying it, as I hope any other fan would do....

Damn right! Chuck was DEATH and no-one else could take his place, and as Steve himself said no-one who knew Chuck would be so insensitive to even consider releasing an album under such a name. As for a second Control Denied album, it looks like it will happen after all the legal hassles have been resolved. According to Chuck's mum, he very much wanted that album to be released. I know I'll be buying it when it does surface. It should be a fitting last tribute to the great man.

Man, I know this sounds cheesy, but I will cry the day the new Control Denied cd comes out, Chuck definitely left his mark on many.......

<Aaron Death>

The boys in Morbid Angel were always quick to talk trash about Death. I remember Trey's comment about Individual Thought Patterns. He should have listened to the song Jealousy on that very album. If anybody put out an album under the band name Death, it would be a pathetic attempt to create controversy and it would piss me off royally.