Those rrunning PT Digidesign 002 setups..

Ah I thought you said this was a problem on mixdown. In that case lower the bugger size in Nuendo (if you can) to decrease latency when tracking and then when you come to mix increase the buffer before adding plugins and other processor intensive things.

Like I said it sounds more like a problem with system/software than the interface.

In the past Ive has a MOTU 2408, 828, Ultralite and 24i/o and the direct monitoring has never let me down like this yet.

MOTU's sample rate is extremely powerful. Make sure if you are doing no tracking that the sample rate is max'd. Just a peace of a mind.

I love my 002 also. I got mine modded by black lion audio so now its got sweet clock and also beefed up stock preamps and a new power supply! :headbang:

i can change the buffer size of the motu asio from 4098 to 8000 odd, but there was no difference. The computer should be able to handle very low, or no latency issues, especially if its only one track im recording, with nothing else in the project, or plugins.

Like I said before I thought you were only mixing rather than overdubbing. If your actually tracking try decreasing the buffer instead to get rid of any latency. Let us know if this works.

:lol:

Sample rate. I meant more along the lines of their audio engine and it handles under extreme loads.

EDIT: I actually don't know what I meant, the coffee didn't hit yet.

LOL no problem. I reakon you meant buffer size anyway.

How much does that procedure cost? I'm tempted...

Well i went with the tweak-head mod and that was was like 820.00 total with shipping. They have a cheaper mod without the new power supply but i figured go big or go home. I have yet to read one bad review with black lion audio and they were super nice on the phone and also offer a 2 year warranty.

Def something to look into. Here is a link for the 002....

http://www.blacklionaudio.com/digi002_mod.html

So would you say that when you got your 002 back, that there was a noticeable improvement in sound quality?

Anyway, that little Microclock looks pretty cool, too.

So would you say that when you got your 002 back, that there was a noticeable improvement in sound quality?

I personally don't have experience yet with BLA but I've talked to quite a few cats about it and they say they would do it again in a heart beat.

I believe when you buy the modification, the microclock becomes half the price to 275 or something.

Yea dude personally It was not quite as huge as i imagined but as i work with it more and more i hear the difference and I'm getting a way fuller sound. Also someone with a good ear and great room (unlike me) would probably hear the differences even more.

But yea its a step up from the stock 002 and I definitely recommend the mod. :kickass: