Those who can play angels dont kill on guitar....

Talking about harmonics, how do you do to have "great" harmonics ? I mean, when I listen to COB (or the Paul Gilbert solo in japan findable on kazaa), you clearly hear the harmonics.
When I play harmonics, it doesn't sound that high, it's just a poor noise, a bit more high-pitched than the normal sound... Is it beacause of the PU ?
My guitar is a simple ibanez grx 70, is it because of that ?

I cannot harmonic on the lower strings for shit, it sucks :(

I use a BC RICH NJ warlock with an EMG 85 in the neck and an EMG 89 in the bridge.

I know its not my equiptment but does anyone have a technique for PHing lower strings, i can do the high strings fine.

xxChaoticManifestoxx is spot on, practice constantly and you will nail it one day, it's really quite easy once you've got used to it.
Spend say an 1/2 an hour a day just doing harmonics, all over the fretboard, and all different types of harmonics... your ears will hate you, but it's still good fun :)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa m'kay !
This is how we do harmonics !
Mmh, is it this kind of harmonic which is called artificial harmonic ? Cuz' I already asked several times (to friends or even on this thread) how to do a.h. and nobody never knew...

do a google.com search, there are LOTS of pages that tell you all about harmonics and how they work, why they sound like they do, do some searching, stop expecting it to come straight to you.

whatsinaname said:
do a google.com search, there are LOTS of pages that tell you all about harmonics and how they work, why they sound like they do, do some searching, stop expecting it to come straight to you.

Mmh... In one hand, I often forget to search the net befoe asking something (I agree this is quite stupid :D ), on the other hand, what can I think when I ask it on a metal board, where it looks like 90% of the people posting here play guitar, and 60% of them know how to do harmonics, and that I don't have any answer ? :loco:

Yes I can search by myself, but personnally I prefer talking with somebody who can give me precisions on some points than to an html pages, we're not robots. :)

Ahhh crap! i suck at PH's on lower strings....
Hey man i REALLY wanna check out your band, do you have a link to anywhere with Mp3s/CDs or whatever?

I't's easier the lower you tune, and the PH's sound cooler then. Yeah, you should definetly check out our new cd when it's released in September. Alexi is doing a couple of leads and some back-up vocals. I'll post a link here to a place you can purchase it when it's avaliable.