Thought this was interesting

one man stands

Twins Still In It
Feb 14, 2002
Albert Lea, MN
Visit site
BIOHAZARD's SEINFELD: 'SANCTUARY Has Destroyed Our Chances Of Breaking Through' - Mar. 13, 2003
BIOHAZARD frontman Evan Seinfeld has slammed the band's U.S. label, Sanctuary Records, over the lack of promotional and marketing push given to the group's last two studio CDs, claiming that the company has "single-handedly destroyed" the group's chances of attaining a greater level of commercial success than they've been afforded thus far. When asked by HitThePit.com how being on Sanctuary has changed things for the band in terms of exposure and opportunities, Seinfeld responded, "Sanctuary has single handedly destroyed my hopes of BIOHAZARD ever breaking through to the next level. With thousands of bands, on hundreds of labels all pushing hard, it became discouraging when they don't want to spend any real money to keep up with the Jones! Like bands that totally suck come out, get radio play, play Ozzfest... but yet they may be gone in two years! We outlive it all! Labels! Trends! If you are in a band, just stay true to your music, it will live forever! Everything else is fuckin' bullshit! The music industry is wack! For your knowledge....every band you see on the second stage of Ozzfest paid $75,000 to Sharon to get there! That's doesn't mean they are good, that means they have money! They (Ozzfest) will not put any bands on that have history like BIOHAZARD, unless you have a big radio push! Labels need to spend several hundred thousand dollars to get a song played. Without money you probably can't get any big tours! We play a lot in Europe, that's where it is real for us. Not so trendy there...we sell out clubs there with out gay MTV!"

Hope this doesn't happen to Anthrax!!

He's got so many points its scary.

Chevelle? Not a good band by any stretch but their label pays to get them into heavy rotation and on Ozzfest yet I had to special order the last BioHazard cd when it came out.

If Sanctuary just threw a little money Biohazards way I have no doubt that it would pay off in the end.

I have all the Hazards albums but none of them is really good, they are a great live band to watch and they know how to work a crowd, but they can't write ten killer songs for an album, I think that's Evan's problem!!

Evan is the man, and he does bring up alot of good points. The stuff he's saying is the stuff i wanna scream about everyday. There are too many good bands that don't get enough recognition today that did in the past because of all this trendy shit that is plastered all over radio and tv these days.

Let's hope what Evan said about Sancturary doesn't happen to Anthrax...

Tetsuo Chema said:
Evan is the man, and he does bring up alot of good points. The stuff he's saying is the stuff i wanna scream about everyday. There are too many good bands that don't get enough recognition today that did in the past because of all this trendy shit that is plastered all over radio and tv these days.

Let's hope what Evan said about Sancturary doesn't happen to Anthrax...

He does have good points, but I don't buy into what he personally says because Biohazard hasn't released a good album in awhile. Mata Leo and New World Disorder were both average. I haven't heard the one after that. I don't even know how many albums they have anymore. Make a good album like State... and I would agree you deserve more exposure.