Sanctuary Deal Was Going To Be Bad

anthraxgod

Feb 2, 2002
so cal
Visit site
Hey guys, long time no post, but I felt I had to put my 2 cents worth so here you go.

I think the deal w/ Sanctuary would've been BAD for the band. Let me explain.

If you guys look at their web-site and see the bands they have under their label, w/ the exception of Superjoint and Halford, they all suck! Also, they are bands who really aren't going to be selling much of anything anyways.

These are the bands on their label:

Brian Wilson
Bob Marley
WASP
Pitchshifter
Bad Company
Pet Shop Boys
James

And that's to name a the ones who pop up when you go to their website.

Anthrax were right in holding out. You don't want to go to another label where the most popular artists are waaaaay past their prime or fkn dead!!!

They can't afford to go the route of Ignition or Beyond. They need to go to an established label. A place where you are guaranteed exposure. I mean when is the last time you saw a commercial on MTV or 2 or VH1 for any of the Sanctuary bands? Hell, if you to metal sludge and check their sales scans, the bands from Sanctuary aren't selling shit!! And you guys know Halford and Anselmo have established fans and their records aren't selling!!!

Anthrax is in a prime do or die situation right now. They have what many on the net say may be the best ass kicking album of the year. They can not waste it like Volume 8 was wasted!! And they need a huge label support that they got for SOWN but they didn't have for Stomp.

To me, something like Roadrunner or (if it were a perfect world) Sony would work. But a resigning with Beyond or a small rinky-dink record label won't.

They are going to need a label who will not only get them onto a big-time tour package, but will try and push them hard on the radio as well. I mean, hell of a piece of shit band like Crazytown not only went platinum but got on Ozzfest thanks to their label, WHY CAN'T ANTHRAX DO THIS!!! Considering they are a million times better than anything else out there!!!!

Anyways, sorry for the rant. But I want what's best for the band and for us as fans as well. We need to support them 1000% percent and we need to re-expose the masses on the band. Shit, we need to start a street team like we were talking about before and get them back to the top where they belong!!

Over, Finished, Gone, Done, Out ... SEE-YA

anthraxgod

p.s. - Since when did Bishoff come back to wrestling .. god am I behind!!!!

The Street Team will happen. Probably after they have an official release date for "We've Come For You All".
I think the info on it will be posted here, or at anthrax.com.

roadrunner would be ok i guess,mainly for the fact that its highly recognised as a metal label worldwide and u are guaranteed a decent amount of exposure!!!

That´s just my opinion. If they got the deal with a big label they would kick everyones ass. I mean, just because they are able to write great and memorable songs. Take "Nothing" for instance. Or "Catharsis" - it would have been everyones life anthems, of course, if anybody had had a chance to hear them.

i remember a interview a few years back when BIGGER THAN THE DEVIL came out and scott and lilker did an interview with METAL EDGE. Roadrunner was one of the labels interested in doing a new S.O.D. record and, from what scott says, was trying to screw them. he did seemed none to pleased with what they offered them. i've read somewhere recently... now that Roadrunner went corporate, they're more concerned about selling Nickelback records and keeping Nickelback happy.

Nickelback eats dick.

This thing is a double edged sword. On one hand if they get on with a big lable they are then a small fish. I mean who is a lable gonna put their money behind? Pink or Anthrax? Most bands only get one shot at the top, and sadly Anthrax had theirs. They will never sell a jillion copies of and album now. I hope they make enough money and sell enough albums to keep on going and to have a comfortable life style.
I agree that Road Runner is no longer a metal lable. I think they should look into Century Media. They are a metal lable and I think they get their bands out to the right crowd.

roadrunner have definetely changed,slipknot gave them such a high profile after there first album and they didnt really stay loyal to the knot for there second release iowa.

i did hear a rumour that they are in financial trouble too so it would probably be best if they did stay clear of roadrunner..

thats the last thing we need another dely!!!

Nuclear Blast will probably do a good job for Anthrax in Europe as they do have a lot of credibility and are generally a good label. I think SPV would be the label they should really get on though.

Sanctury management was always a bad idea. Its just all part of the Maiden moneymaking machine. Sign as many bands as you can, get an album or so out of them with as little promaotion as possible and then do a runner with the money. :(

Originally posted by Cincy Vigilante
[
I agree that Road Runner is no longer a metal lable. I think they should look into Century Media. They are a metal lable and I think they get their bands out to the right crowd. [/B]

I wouldn't try Century Media either. They have a habit of screwing around some of their better bands. They have done it to Iced Earth (who have said they won't re-sign with CM) and they are now doing it to Nevermore (who CM is in the process of trying to re-sign). Just my two cents.