Thoughts on new Scorpions album?

I think it's their best effort since Savage Amusement. I was going to give it an obligatory listen since a friend gave me the mp3's so I was completely unprepared when it blew me away! I hadn't even made it through 1 complete listen before I ordered the real thing.

Yeah, I was worried when I read some rather unflattering reviews of it
several months ago but I kept an open mind and I'm very happy with it,
I think a lot of the songs will translate exceptionally well live. I'm really
just glad to still have these guys around, awesome band...:worship:

Yet I finally bought Humanity Hour 1 when Best Buy had it on sale for $7.99 with the domestic bonus track of Cold. Which is the same bonus on the European version with the DVD. But Cold is only on the DVD. If more CDs sold at this price, I'd buy even more so-so albums. (hint to record labels).

I'd like to think they added it because all us F.O.S.ers were complaining about not getting the US release and it took over 3 months to get from the Euro release. I too was very pleased with the price and whole heartedly hinting to the labels. Went Virgin megastore and looked at $17.99 - 19.99 for a cd I turned and walked out. Best Buy had same cd's for 7.99 - 12.99.

Rather predictable, pop and at times cheesy. "3 ... 2 ... 1, are you ready to rock?" Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesy

The Scorpions can get away with that! They paved the way for cheesy when they wrote "Rock You Like A Hurricane". 321 is just sticking to your roots!

Besides, asking the Scorpions to write a song not about Rock is like asking Dimmu Borgir to not write about Satan, Poison to not write about parties, or Rhapsody to not write about dragons, elves, trolls, or forests.