Thoughts on ProgPower XVII?

Kez

pronounced Keez
Feb 6, 2002
Vienna, VA USA
Visit site
I thought it rocked, for SO many reasons! Circus Maximus put on a GREAT show, if a little short for my tastes...... :)

Vanishing Point was my highlight, as I've waited almost 20 years for the opportunity to see them live, and they exceeded my expectations tenfold.

Haken killed it. Spock's Beard killed it. Anything with Anneke was brilliant, including Devin. Wish I had stayed for his whole set.

Loved Pyramaze doing songs from Disciples, the other tunes not as much. Ascendia sounded great at times, other than the struggles with the vocalist's in-ear monitors.

Regarding next year's lineup: TERAMAZE!!! I'll be there. Glenn, take my money please.

Anyone else? :)

I thought it rocked, for SO many reasons! Circus Maximus put on a GREAT show, if a little short for my tastes...... :)

Vanishing Point was my highlight, as I've waited almost 20 years for the opportunity to see them live, and they exceeded my expectations tenfold.

Haken killed it. Spock's Beard killed it. Anything with Anneke was brilliant, including Devin. Wish I had stayed for his whole set.

Loved Pyramaze doing songs from Disciples, the other tunes not as much. Ascendia sounded great at times, other than the struggles with the vocalist's in-ear monitors.

Regarding next year's lineup: TERAMAZE!!! I'll be there. Glenn, take my money please.

Anyone else? :)

I had tickets for Wednesday and Thursday, but only attended Thursday. Went out drinking with a buddy on Wednesday night.

That was my first ProgPower and I really enjoyed it. I ran into people I have known for almost 20 years from various message boards, but never actually met in person until PPUSA. To me, the people I met and the memories I made were the best part. I really only went to see Circus Maximus and they did not disappoint except for the length of their set. I was on the floor for Pyramaze and they were OK, but I wasn't blown away. The rest of the time I just hung out in the lobby drinking and talking to people. It was great.

I've been meaning to ask you...are you the same Kez who is on the MP.com message board? I'm Vinman there and I think we have exchanged a few PMs for various reasons.

Reactions: Kez
Yep, same Kez. I remember Vinman! Haven't been around the MP forum in years, since it was kind of infected by trolls and hacks.

Sorry I didn't run into you in Atlanta. I was there all week!

Hopefully we can run into each other next year. You should stay for the whole thing! :)