Thoughts on the band "FIGHT"????

War of Words played a crucial role in convincing me that metal was the best music ever.

Totally fucking agreed .....

I am a HUGE halford fan and WoW really proved he was THE METAL GOD !!!

Check out the 2 Halford albums, Resurrection and The Cruicble also AMAZING albums !!!! These albums totally prove metal is the shit !!!

Not to mention Jarzombeck on drums ... OMG !!

Lastly was the thing he did eith John 5 and Trent Reznor called "Two" very dark and gothy but very metal. Reminds me alot of early NIN.

War of Words is my shit. Got it on tape in like elementary school.

I have a 93-94 nailed to the road t shirt.

the second one kinda sucked but that live/remixes album was also cool nice 'freewheel burning" rendition.

also have that shit on tape. I'm so oldschool.

since I have that on tape as well, I'd say it's about the same era :)

great track.

though I like the Type O cover on that album best.

my band Consecration covers "Electric Funeral" at a Khanate like tempo, and it's hardly listenable.

Though it was not a FIGHT song, my fav. Halford solo tune was Light comes out of Black.
It was on the Buffy the vampire slayer soundtrack and featured Pantera as the backing band ( though that doesn't impress me )
But, it was the catalyst for Halford starting a music career outside of Priest. Then Priest got upset. LOL

If I'm not mistaken, it was a Fight-era Halford on vocals for the best Sabbath cover ever recorded: The Wizard off of the first Nativity In Black.

Totally agree. I too had all the Fight stuff on tape, "War of Words", "Small Deadly Space", Mutations". But, I found War of Words on C.D.

As for Halford, I love Resurrection and live Insurrection. Didn't care for Crucible to much. As for the Two project. I thought it was hit and miss.

Take care to all.

I too find Fight's War of Words to be amazing, Im a big Preist and Halford fan as it is. The only Halford cd that didnt thrill me was Two's Voyeurs. Ive seen posts in here on Halford's side bands sevearl times good to know im not the only fan here

I read on Halford's website where he is suposed to have a new cd out. anyone else know anything bout this??

Bradley

Yep. I dunno when, but Blabbermouth have a link to a new song. It sounded sorta dull, but I think it needs mixed properly still.

yeah,Ressurection and Live Insurection are great.Silent Screams is an amazing song with beautiful lyrics.indeed,he is having a new album with Roy Z on guitar.also I can't wait for the dvd.