Thoughts on this mix? (thrashy/technical stuff)

mts1979

May 3, 2006
Hey...here's a new song from my new band, I was wondering if any of you guys had any opinions on the mix/sounds/whatever.

http://www.myspace.com/trials

I'd also like to state for the record that I did not mix this, and that the mix is still a work in progress. (I did engineer the guitar/bass stuff though). We want this to sound badass when it's done, so any input is welcome.

Thanks!

m.

The drums sound damn huge. I have to say the toms have a little bit too much 'verb on them, though. It sounds like two hits for each hit.

This is a great mix! Diggin' the music too! Reminds me of Sikth

Dude, you scared me there for a second. I went back to the original files...it's not the reverb, he really is hitting the drums twice all those times.

Glad you dig it though. I kinda hear the Sikth comparison now. Wouldn't have occured to me before, but we like those guys, so thanks!

The drums sound damn huge. I have to say the toms have a little bit too much 'verb on them, though. It sounds like two hits for each hit.

This is a great mix! Diggin' the music too! Reminds me of Sikth

Sounds good to me. The toms are panned just a bit too wide for my tastes though... it just sounds a bit unnatural to me. Overall balance is very good and I really dig the overall sound and the song!!!