Rough mix need some advice (ambient hard rock?)

First off, very cool song dude I like it.

One thing that struck me first was that terrible hiss sound when the snare drum comes in with that roll in the intro. Sounds stereo wide and its not a very desirable frequency. I think it comes from the overheads because the high hat also gets this frequency. Need to get your overheads right. Also trying pulling out a bit of the frequency of the pick scraping on the strings in the intro clean riff, some is good but I think its a little too much.

Snare could be a little stronger too, its a pretty dead sounding snare.

But all in all I think its pretty cool. Listening again right now and the OH's definitely need fixing.

I think that it lacks punch when the song starts after the intro. The snare and kick could be a way louder. And the bass could come up a whole lot. The guitar tones are kinda too pod like for my taste.

Good song!

Glad you two like the song!

I see what you are talking about with the hiss and the overheads. I've been reading around on how to treat the OH, guess i will need to keep working at it. All the drums are superior drummer. if you know of any good threads or links that talk about how to deal with OH, could you please link me? i would really appreciate it.

The lack of punch is due to there being no bass haha and the tones are all pod farm, guess i'll have to process them different to get em sounding less like a pod.

but yea, I'll keep working at it and pot another version once the bass is recorded and the mix has been redone, thanks again