Thread in Portuguese RETURNS!!!

here in the usa, the act of slavery ended in 1865. but, to this very day, it is used as a crutch by black americans(no, not african americans, theyre black americans) to try and get ahead in the world instead of getting off their ass and actually working for something.

thebigyetti said:
yep i am. aeuheauh

it was actually supposed to be: im gonna try this again. is this a correct translation?

portuguese: Vou tentar isso de novo. Essa é uma tradução certa?
Or you can also make it easier: Dexeu tentá isso aqui de novo. Tá certa essa tradução?

@Togoth: My name's Fernanda, but my mother wanted me to be named Isabel. An homage to Princess Isabel, the woman who signed the slavery abolition in Brasil.

@thebigyetti: Have you read book I spoke about?

@Kuvasz: What people there think about slavery? Any celebrations about it's ending or stuff like that? I really don't know shit about Brazil. Is there left any pure Indians, or are all people mixed together?

Torgoth, I know I'm not Kuvasz, but I'm too eager to answer... heh
I'm not sure if we have a day that celebrates the end of slavery, but, in Rio de Janeiro, there's a holiday for this slave - Zumbi dos Palmares - and it is also the "black counscience day"...

And we still have some pure indians, but most of them wear plastic flip flops by now... but I think there are still some tribes that have never had contact with white people...

Ah, se eu falei alguma merda aqui, vcs me corrijam... hehe

but it's REALLY REALLY hard, i'd say almost impossible, to get more than 10 people with "pure blood" (whether it's black, indian, white or immigrant of any kind) here in brazil.

For example, i have a dutch family name, my family was originally jewish, and i'm pretty sure i have black ancestors too (don't ask me why :rolleyes: :D :lol: ).

¤Killin said:
And we still have some pure indians, but most of them wear plastic flip flops by now... but I think there are still some tribes that have never had contact with white people...

Lucky them. :Smug:

Torgoth: Nope, havent read it, yet

in Quebec ameriandian are rapper asshole.. well where i live... thinking they are cool.. they sux, when i think in erly times they where a proud nation