Three bands you'd love to see play the first time at Progpower

Hey, if Pink Cream 69 or Voodoo Circle can play PPUSA, then Europe surely would fit as well. People are begging for Eclipse, and they're not much heavier or dissimilar in style to Europe, especially older Europe (in fact, I could easily hear Eclipse writing The Final Countdown). Secret Society, Start From The Dark, Last Look At Eden, Wings Of Tomorrow, War Of Kings, the self titled first album.....Europe has a great catalog. And they've been around for 30+ years....they're a legacy band. And a super talented one at that.

I was going to try to limit it to 3, but forget it.

1) Arch/Matheos
2) Ne Obliviscaris
3) Subsignal
4) Draconian
5) Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
6) Agalloch
7) Wobbler
8) Dark Tranquility
9) Unisonic
10) The Shadow Theory
11) Spock's Beard

I saw Europe a couple times in 2005 and they put on a kickass show. I was contemplating going to see them at M3 in May, although my work schedule may not allow me to do that. I'd be happy to see them at ProgPower.

Europe would be awesome, but if they only had 60-75 minutes, I would be sad.

Hey PromisedLand. I noticed by your sig you're a co-sponsor of Hibria. Awesome band. I had not heard of them before the PP announcement. I have to say my favorite album by them is Blind Ride. Really good stuff & thanks for being a sponsor.

Yes, please...especially if Tom Mallicoat is still with them.

Last I checked, Tom was still with them.

As much as I'd really want to see that happen (logistics aside), Arjen has said that he couldn't survive the plane ride across the Atlantic due his bad back issues. :erk:

Van Helsing's Curse

Good choice, but I haven't heard anything about them in years. As I recall, this was a Dee Snider side project that was similar to TSO.

I wish that could happen (logistics aside), but even Arjen has said that he couldn't survive the plane ride across the Atlantic due his bad back issues. :erk:

Arjen probably will never play a live show again, but I'd be satisfied with bringing the Human Equation show over here that they are doing in Europe and doing that on Thursday night.

Hey PromisedLand. I noticed by your sig you're a co-sponsor of Hibria. Awesome band. I had not heard of them before the PP announcement. I have to say my favorite album by them is Blind Ride. Really good stuff & thanks for being a sponsor.

The pleasure is all mine.. I've been dying to see them live since I first heard Defying The Rules in 2004, so it's amazingly coincidental and completely awesome that I get to see them for the first time as one of their sponsors. :)