Master Of Puppets
Fight Fire With Fire
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Blitzkrieg
My Apocalypse
Seek and Destroy

So that's 40 different songs in three nights. Awesome.

After the first show I finally decided to invest in some earplugs. I'd been meaning to for years but by the time the next concert would come around I'd have forgotten. My old pal Salty recommended Hearos and they worked a treat. Everything sounded fine and there was no ringing.

The two supports were Baroness and Lamb of God. I hadn't heard any of their stuff. I was very impressed with Baroness, thought they were great. Lamb of God weren't really my thing unfortunately, but plenty of people seemed to dig them.

Very nice work! I'd like to have one night of Metallica. They look like great setlists. Which was the best show?

Hearos :headbang:

I think the second show was my favourite, maybe because I was sitting down and had a better view (I was on the floor for the others) and they played some of my faves like Sanitarium and Battery.

Note: I needed a drink last night so I left when Sad But True started. Well, I thought it was Sad But True but it turned out to be Harvester of Sorrow. I'm such an idiot! They sound nothing alike. And then when I got back I saw that they were giving out free water anyway. A waste of $4.50!

Not that big a fan of Harvester of Sorrow anyway so I wasn't too gutted.

One more thing: not many people were singing along to Blackened on Saturday night, but then they all sang along to Nothing Else Matters. I wanted to cry, "Oh, so you'll sing along to THAT, you mongrels!"

Leper Messiah from show 1:

The God That Failed from show 2:

First time it had been played live since 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like they are constantly fucking with the setlist so won't matter too much mate.

Monday when I went it really looked like the band enjoyed themselves, good shit, last time I saw them, James looked like the only one having a good time.

James's on-stage persona has really changed. Previously he was really cocky and you just wanted to slap him, now it's almost like he's trying to be Paul Stanley (without the double entendres). "Metallica loves you!"

And Blitzy, at those three shows they only played seven songs on each night. Chances are looking at the setlist won't give much away except for the opening and closing songs.

I'm yet to hear a single person complain with this Metallica tour.
If they play Dyers Eve I'll be one extremely happy chappy but failing that I wouldn't be even remotely disappointed with any of those set lists.
Only a few weeks to go :kickass:

I went on the Tuesday night, my only complaint was with the crowd. I was standing in the crowd and no one was singing any songs or really getting into it. People sang in chorus of Nothing Else Matters and chorus of Sandman. Pretty dissapointing but other than that was good.

That's Metallica fans for you (that is, those who only know the singles). Listening to the recordings of the shows you can hear a fair bit of singing along which is good.

On Saturday night's show James asked the crowd how many people were at their first Metallica show. I'd say 80% of the people put their hands up. I was stunned.