"Through Chaos and Solitude I Came..." Explained:

Dammit, I think I was there a few years ago. I don't completely remember, but I did take a picture of a giant loonie somewhere in Ontario. I do believe there was also a bunch of giant geese and a giant nickel somewhere along the way.

I personally find it awesome that this stuff is even being mentioned and discussed here. :)

Thank you for explaining the lyrics to us! At first I didn't like the chorus of the song, but I didn't understand it. "I'm just as much man as tree" was quite odd to me at first. Although, I must say... this is my favorite CD I have ever listened to, and I think I've listened to it ten times each day of the week.

And I love that it's Canadian! I live in Alberta but listening to these songs actually make me want to come and see the winters there. I don't know if I'd ever actually make it but I do hope one day I will!

This song is excellent, Woods III is excellent! Thanks Woods of Ypres!

This is easily my favorite song on the album. I haven't been able to stop listening to it. I love the guitar riff, the vocals, lyrics, concept, everything.

Initially the mention of "Black Metal" did kind of annoy me... and i did make a comparison to the self reference that seems to be so common in hip hop. But after a few listens it occurred to me that those two things are not at all similar. The song deals with "black metal" as an abstract idea, and i think expresses it in a way that many people can relate to.

Now, on the other hand, if David ever starts singing about how "phat" his rhymes are, i will have something to complain about :)

Where i live i don't experience anything like a Northern winter... Perhaps I'll have to head north someday to enjoy that authentic "black metal experience".

Anyway, thanks for the explanation David!

"Now, on the other hand, if David ever starts singing about how "phat" his rhymes are, i will have something to complain about"

Reminds me of this post:

We are eagerly awaiting the new release of canadian black rapper project Hood of Ypres. After the ground-breaking release of "pursuit of the gun and the allure of my 9th sons birth" David Gold (raps) and Dan Hulse (beats) have made themselves quite distinguished in the underground scene. Some of the new raps have been leaked out to the public and look pretty damn good.

"Yo holmes
dont mess with me,
or up you're ass your gonna have a tree,
maybe an oak, but something that will splinter,
bloods gonna be gushin out, from your sphincter

I grew up in a northern town,
A shoutout to ontario
if your walkin down my street, your bound to hear my stereo
I have the power of the seasons riding with me,
so if your gonna talk smack you better be able to flee

Can you feel it in the air, its the northern cold
i have a brutal car cuz many pedestrians got rolled,
pigs arent gonna get me,
i live in the hood,
its too cold here,
so im gonna be gone for good"

Frr shizzle dizzle man that shit is pimpin cant wait for hood 3, more of this to come later

-Gangster's Edge Nov. issue