THROW IN THE TOWEL ANTHRAX

After touring with P.E. and to some extent SOWN they went down hill in the states and the reunion was no different than the S442 tour. Both shows at the same club in Hollywood. Great shows small venues. If it wasn't grunge or "alternative" by 1993 you pretty much went down hill in the states. Granted there are some outliers like Pantera but in the mid-90s Iron Maiden wasn't even playing in arenas in LA.

Anyway JB or JB is fine to me.

New attitude, new direction, and a whole other universe of Anthrax albums for me to thrash around to as an adult.

Thrashing around during Bush era..? They weren't even playing thrash. This has nothing to do with the JB and JB rivarly, it has to do oooonly with the music. I agree with the new direction, attitude etc but who can call their music thrash during these years.. :Smug:

New attitude, new direction, and a whole other universe of Anthrax albums for me to thrash around to as an adult.

Thrashing around during Bush era..? They weren't even playing thrash. This has nothing to do with the JB and JB rivarly, it has to do oooonly with the music. I agree with the new direction, attitude etc but who can call their music thrash during these years.. :Smug:

there are some outliers like Pantera but in the mid-90s Iron Maiden wasn't even playing in arenas in LA.

UMM yeah maybe because Bruce Dickenson left the band. If Bruce Dickenson stayed in the band they would have continued to sell out arenas no matter where they played.

It was funny, when Blaze Bayley joined Iron Maiden there were the die hard Blaze fans who talked shit on Bruce Dickenson and didn't want him back etc etc. All you would hear on the Maiden forums was people getting angry at the thought of Bruce coming back. But when he came back they did a tour, it was a success so they put out a new record and toured on it, and now they are still sellling out arenas.

Anthrax I guess can't learn from this business model. They are going to try to re-re-invent themselves and they are 40 plus years of age. It's much too late to change your forumula. Either do a record with Joey or quit.

Either do a record with Joey or quit.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they get Joey back. They fired him back then cause they wanted to move to something different. I think they will do the same now though i would love to see them returnig to their roots playing thrash again, not playing music for the masses (and $$) and those who like alice in chains and crap like that.

I dont understand why people came to an "official" board to throw shit on them. If u dont like the decisions they made, well, thats not your problem. If u are not a fan that can deal with it, then fuck off. Go were bands do what u like.

People make mistakes, bands make mistakes ... so?? Not big deal. For me Fuckin Anthrax Rules!!! Thats the only thing that matters. If u dont, im sure they wont feel sorry.

Guess that the only place for true anthrax fans is the CDC.

Either do a record with Joey or quit.

I don't think they get Joey back. They fired him back then cause they wanted to move to something different. I think they will do the same now though i would love to see them returnig to their roots playing thrash again, not playing music for the masses (and $$) and those who like alice in chains and crap like that.[/quote]

You have 4 post here..... No one listens to newbies......

John Bush Rulez!

I dont understand why people came to an "official" board to throw shit on them. If u dont like the decisions they made, well, thats not your problem. If u are not a fan that can deal with it, then fuck off. Go were bands do what u like.

People make mistakes, bands make mistakes ... so?? Not big deal. For me Fuckin Anthrax Rules!!! Thats the only thing that matters. If u dont, im sure they wont feel sorry.

As much as i repect you JC, the CDC blows monkey spunk. I signed up for a year and still heard more Anthrax news from blabershite and the ultimate metal board.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

It pisses me off when people - including Scott and the rest of the band - treat the CDC like it's the elite of society, and the rest of us aren't even worth spitting on when they pass us by. Scott's already gone on the record saying he rarely, if ever, comes in here anymore - guess that shows how much us common fans mean to the band.

Now, I don't have anything against members of the CDC getting special perks, such as band news ahead of the rest of the world and more opportunities to chat with the band. You paid your money, you're entitled to that. If you feel you've gotten your money's worth out of the CDC, then God bless.

But some of us, believe it or not, have better things to spend our money on - like mortgages, education, and food. Just because I'm not in a financial situation to join a fan club (which, by the way, I'll re-state that I've never joined any fan club in my life), that doesn't mean that my opinions are any less valid, nor does it mean that it gives the band the right to treat me like a second class netizen or worse.

JC, I have respect for you as well, so I'm not slamming you personally. I am, though, slamming the mentality shared by many people - on this board and in the CDC - that those of us who didn't sign up for the CDC are not true fans.

Anyone who's read my postings knows I'm neither a Joey nor a John basher; I like it all, and I'm willing to give the band the benefit of the doubt in terms of what their next chapter will be, so long as it kicks my ass the first time I hear it.

Scotts already gone on the record saying he rarely, if ever, comes in here anymore - guess that shows how much us common fans mean to the band.
quote]

Would you go to your own message board if all there is posted was bitching and fighting?

I know I wouldn't

Oh and I don't know any CDC members who say that non-CDC members aren't true fans. I belong to the CDC and it ain't brilliant but if there was something happening in Anthrax then there would be more input

I aint having a go at you, I'm not like that:headbang: