THROW IN THE TOWEL ANTHRAX

Scotts already gone on the record saying he rarely, if ever, comes in here anymore - guess that shows how much us common fans mean to the band.
quote]

Would you go to your own message board if all there is posted was bitching and fighting?

I know I wouldn't

Fair enough - yet Scott made a comment in his latest blog stating how great it was to talk to the fans, yet the last time he posted anything here was August 18th. I looked it up after my post.

Not everyone in here is bitching and fighting... that's just the ambience. :lol: Some people have posted legitimate questions to Scott about gear, shows, things like that. It's just a shame that he's choosing to ignore people here who do give a damn, even if we can't afford the coin to join the CDC or choose not to.

Oh and I don't know any CDC members who say that non-CDC members aren't true fans.

jcfuel seems to imply it - and I have no beef with him personally.

I aint having a go at you, I'm not like that:headbang:

Didn't take it as such.

UMM yeah maybe because Bruce Dickenson left the band. If Bruce Dickenson stayed in the band they would have continued to sell out arenas no matter where they played.

It was funny, when Blaze Bayley joined Iron Maiden there were the die hard Blaze fans who talked shit on Bruce Dickenson and didn't want him back etc etc. All you would hear on the Maiden forums was people getting angry at the thought of Bruce coming back. But when he came back they did a tour, it was a success so they put out a new record and toured on it, and now they are still sellling out arenas.

Anthrax I guess can't learn from this business model. They are going to try to re-re-invent themselves and they are 40 plus years of age. It's much too late to change your forumula. Either do a record with Joey or quit.

Maiden didn't exactly sell out the Long Beach Arena a few years back and had to play to nights at smaller venue a copule years back. All shows with Bruce.

Do you live in LA because metal was totally :zombie: in the mid 90s here.

I dont understand why people came to an "official" board to throw shit on them.

There's a place were evreybody is always happy. It's called the Smurf Village. This is Ultimate Metal Forums, where we talk about Metal.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

It pisses me off when people - including Scott and the rest of the band - treat the CDC like it's the elite of society, and the rest of us aren't even worth spitting on when they pass us by. Scott's already gone on the record saying he rarely, if ever, comes in here anymore - guess that shows how much us common fans mean to the band.

Now, I don't have anything against members of the CDC getting special perks, such as band news ahead of the rest of the world and more opportunities to chat with the band. You paid your money, you're entitled to that. If you feel you've gotten your money's worth out of the CDC, then God bless.

But some of us, believe it or not, have better things to spend our money on - like mortgages, education, and food. Just because I'm not in a financial situation to join a fan club (which, by the way, I'll re-state that I've never joined any fan club in my life), that doesn't mean that my opinions are any less valid, nor does it mean that it gives the band the right to treat me like a second class netizen or worse.

JC, I have respect for you as well, so I'm not slamming you personally. I am, though, slamming the mentality shared by many people - on this board and in the CDC - that those of us who didn't sign up for the CDC are not true fans.

Anyone who's read my postings knows I'm neither a Joey nor a John basher; I like it all, and I'm willing to give the band the benefit of the doubt in terms of what their next chapter will be, so long as it kicks my ass the first time I hear it.

You know I have kept my mouth shut long enough but if you aren't in the CDC, how do you know what the people in there even say? There are like 15 truly active people in there and none of us talks about how people who didn't join the CDC aren't true fans. We have, however, said we would rather be there where there isn't fighting and we just all get along. That doesn't even mean there aren't differences of opinion. There are. That doesn't mean we are better than you. It doesn't. Its just more peaceful. You have better things to spend your money on and that is good for you. I have more important things to argue over than a singer in a band or who should moderate a board.

You know I have kept my mouth shut long enough but if you aren't in the CDC, how do you know what the people in there even say? There are like 15 truly active people in there and none of us talks about how people who didn't join the CDC aren't true fans.

I repeat what jcfuel wrote:

"Guess that the only place for true anthrax fans is the CDC."

That says volumes for me. So does the fact that Scott tells the press how cool it is to talk to the fans - and the only board he frequents now is the CDC. So the opinions of the common person don't mean shit anymore.

Do I know exactly what goes on in CDC? You're right... I don't... just like I don't know what goes on at RBC, since I didn't join that either. I don't think less of anyone who joined CDC, but when I read transcripts where there's talk about closing NFMB and statements are made about where the true fans are, I'm not going to sit on my hands and be quiet.

And the band knew exactly what kind of Pandora's box they opened when they allowed NFMB to be established. It opened the door for trolls and spammers (though UM and the moderators do a good job of keeping that trash to a bare minimum, and the rest of us weed out the remainders and pummel them into submission), as well as giving people a chance to voice their likes and dislikes.

I might not agree with what everyone says, but I'll respect an opinion if it shows some thought was put into it, instead of just throwing out a "(insert name/album/song/idea) sucks" thread and walking away from it. Scott and the moderators don't have to agree - or even like - everything written, but as long as there's some reasoning provided to back the argument and it's not used to personally attack the band, their families, a member of the board or a moderator, then what's so bad about that?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong... but I have never trashed either Joey or John. I've said it before, I'll say it again; I'm a fan of both eras. It seems a foregone conclusion that Corey is primed to be Anthrax's fourth singer, and I will give him a fair shake as well.

If Anthrax doesn't want me as a fan, then Scott can send me a PM and tell me to fuck off. I'll oblige - and I'll know that I wasted 22 years supporting these guys.

I was a member of the cdc, cdc means nothing to me.I got a nice shirt that was worth the money, for the rest it's just thin air. A lot of bla bla, for the true fans bla bla bla...... I think all of you are right in some way, but I don't get the fanboy blues anymore. Comon' guys and gals !!!this band is over... new singer ? I don't care, they only have to do me one favour.........please don't call the band with the new singer Anthrax, that book is closed.
Cheers!!

I repeat what jcfuel wrote:

"Guess that the only place for true anthrax fans is the CDC."

That says volumes for me. So does the fact that Scott tells the press how cool it is to talk to the fans - and the only board he frequents now is the CDC. So the opinions of the common person don't mean shit anymore.

Do I know exactly what goes on in CDC? You're right... I don't... just like I don't know what goes on at RBC, since I didn't join that either. I don't think less of anyone who joined CDC, but when I read transcripts where there's talk about closing NFMB and statements are made about where the true fans are, I'm not going to sit on my hands and be quiet.

And the band knew exactly what kind of Pandora's box they opened when they allowed NFMB to be established. It opened the door for trolls and spammers (though UM and the moderators do a good job of keeping that trash to a bare minimum, and the rest of us weed out the remainders and pummel them into submission), as well as giving people a chance to voice their likes and dislikes.

I might not agree with what everyone says, but I'll respect an opinion if it shows some thought was put into it, instead of just throwing out a "(insert name/album/song/idea) sucks" thread and walking away from it. Scott and the moderators don't have to agree - or even like - everything written, but as long as there's some reasoning provided to back the argument and it's not used to personally attack the band, their families, a member of the board or a moderator, then what's so bad about that?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong... but I have never trashed either Joey or John. I've said it before, I'll say it again; I'm a fan of both eras. It seems a foregone conclusion that Corey is primed to be Anthrax's fourth singer, and I will give him a fair shake as well.

If Anthrax doesn't want me as a fan, then Scott can send me a PM and tell me to fuck off. I'll oblige - and I'll know that I wasted 22 years supporting these guys.

First, if JCFuel, the person you are quoting, is in the CDC, I have yet to see him. Thats not to say that he isn't in there. But after doing a member search, I don't see him. I also don 't recall ever reading one of his blogs, seeing him post a message on the messageboard or participate in a chat. Now if he goes by a different name in there, that's a different story. But like I said earlier, there are like 15 or so really vocal people in there - me, metalthrashingmark, Mickenglanduk and Shana included.

You seem to assume that everyone has the same feeling as JCFuel and that is not the case. Now if they do, they have been pretty quiet about it because I haven't seen anyone say that if you aren't in the CDC, you aren't a true fan of the band except maybe for that one chat. We don't sit around and have weekly meetings to trash the NFMB. I don't know how many people are in there but I'll throw out a nice round number - 1,000. Does that mean that in the entire world, there are only 1,000 die hard Anthrax fans? Of course not. I don't think that way and I don't get that vibe from the other vocal people in the CDC either. I can't speak for Scott but I don't think he thinks that 1,000 (or whatever the number really is) people are the hardcore Anthrax fans. Hell, there can be old school fans that don't even have the internet for crying out loud.

If Scott said he enjoyed talking to the fans in chat, what exactly, is the problem with that? We are fans. Should he have called us people? I don't make it to every chat. Some are during the day when I'm in work. So if I don't make it in there, does that suddenly mean I'm not a fan? I don't think so.

The CDC is nice (as is another messageboard I frequent) because there isn't a lot of fighting. That doesn't mean there isn't disagreement that occurs. There is. We just don't go on and on and on about the same things as occurs here quite frequently. I used to enjoy coming here in the beginning but I can only deal with so much drama and I have enough in my own life. I can't be bothered with the drama of a band, even if I really like it. I find it a shame, really, because there are people here that I dig, even when I don't always agree with their point of view. But I don't frequent here nearly as much as I used to because of the arguing and drama (to which of course I realize I am adding to by posting in the first place :lol: ).

I love Fear Factory. I went to the singer, Burton Bell's, myspace page once and commented on a picture which required approval before showing. He didn't approve it. At first, I was like "WFT?" What didn't he like about what I said? After a few hours, I was like why am I sweating whether he approved the comment or not? He's a singer. He's not my friend or my family. I like the music and thats the important thing.

I guess what I"m saying is don't sweat everything that Scott says and don't read so much into it. I"m in the CDC and I KNOW that I am not nearly as big a fan as others in there or here. There are so many more important things to worry about in this world. You are truly a passionate person about the band but it isn't everything. I don't agree with everything Scott says and I don't always like the jokes. But what the hell do I care? I don't agree with everything my husband says either and I love that guy.

Ok, I'm done rambling because somewhere around the 2nd paragraph, I think I lost the point I was really trying to make. :lol:

They really should throw in the towel. Of course it's up to them how long they continue--they can still be playing in 20 years, if they want... they question is, will anyone care?

I felt that the reunion with Joey was a step backwards... sure, they were never going to sell as many records with John as they did in 1986, but that was because metal was no longer a form of pop music when John was in the band. But in terms of musical cred, John had/has way more than Joey.

I never liked Joey's voice. Singing in a high pitched voice and having a bird's nest perm is NOT good, okay?

I felt that the reunion with Joey was a step backwards... sure, they were never going to sell as many records with John as they did in 1986, but that was because metal was no longer a form of pop music when John was in the band. But in terms of musical cred, John had/has way more than Joey.

I never liked Joey's voice. Singing in a high pitched voice and having a bird's nest perm is NOT good, okay?[/QUOTE]

no its not ok... Keep your opinion for yourself. Many prefer a high pitched voice and having a bird's nest perm with thrash music in the backround and not bush voice (great singer i agree) accompanied with the music they played back then.