Thunderstone....Dirt Metal

Not much talk about this great cd.....anyone else dig it? I think Rick Altzi does a great job on vocals here, and I really like the aggressive nature of this disk. Some of it reminds me a lot of the newer Tarot cds......I'm glad Thunderstone strayed away from the Stratovarious formula and got into more of a heavier groove. Cool band, and I'd love to see them at ProgPower again sometime in the future!

I did not at all like the sample tracks from Evolution 4.0 that had Altzi's vocals on them. I might try this out at some point, but I don't expect to be blown away.

I liked it more than I expected - possibly even more than Evolution 4.0 which I found pretty damn disappointing. That being said, I think it's solid, but not great. Something about Altzi's voice just refuses to click with me.

I like it. I actually like all of their albums but I would also have to say that none of them are over the top in greatness- just solid power metal. That's enough for me....

Not much talk about this great cd.....anyone else dig it? I think Rick Altzi does a great job on vocals here, and I really like the aggressive nature of this disk. Some of it reminds me a lot of the newer Tarot cds......I'm glad Thunderstone strayed away from the Stratovarious formula and got into more of a heavier groove. Cool band, and I'd love to see them at ProgPower again sometime in the future!

I pretty much agree with all of the above. Altzi gives his best performance on that album IMO, reminds me a lot of Jorn at times. Dirt Metal is a damn good metal disc.