Tiamat - Amanethes

skyrefuge

Feb 7, 2002
Suburban Chicago, USA
www.gregie.com
Huh.

Wasn't expecting this. The heaviest Tiamat album since "Clouds"? Not anywhere near as weird and unique and awesome as "Wildhoney" (is that really double-bass drumming on a Tiamat album?!?), but also, not an obvious sellout attempt to attract Dimmu Borgir and In Flames fans by making cookie-cutter-metal.

If you've skipped the last couple because you didn't like the gay pop songs (your loss!), you at least don't have to fear that. Johan is mostly back to "singing" in his Wildhoney rasp all of a sudden, and there are even some sweet guitar solos (and I stopped noticing guitar solos 10 years ago!)

I really need to read some interviews or something to figure out what motivated them to go in this direction. Money? Metal babes, who are less fat than goth bitches? Chris Daughtry? Or did they honestly just want to be a metal band again?

Neil

this band has hurt my feelings so much since 1997 (and i havent bought the last two albums)

and hearing shit like this is just liable to make me even more disappointed when i download it and find out it still sucks

oh well i'll try it (the cover art is really gay though)

listening to this, not even halfway through the first song and i can tell you already the mix is mediocre and the mastering is shit

fucking god damn stop limiting your albums to hell you idiots

EDIT: yeah i'm pretty sure this band is still dead, fuck this