Ticket Update

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Hey folks,

400 tickets remain after 2 days.

Until the show is sold-out, I will not allow tickets to be re-sold on this forum. It may take a bit longer this year due to the economy so I wanted to give you the heads up if you see your post deleted down the road.

Glenn

I can't see this not selling out even in this economy. Of course it will take longer but a sell out is a sell out. Already on the forum there seems to be several newbies buying tickets and this should translate to non forum members as well.

LONG LIVE PROGPOWERUSA!

A sell-out in 3 days is the same as a sell-out in 3 weeks or 3 months. I'll keep the count updated every few weeks simply because I don't want the perception that you can wait until the last minute to buy your tickets. That will not be the case.

History shows ticket surges over at the beginning/end of the month to coincide with paychecks.

Surprised by the low turnout....

Seems about the same as PP VIII. I think its reasonable. While costs of flying are low compared to recent years, a number of people are unsure about spending their money. Plus, there are hotel issues. Maybe people won't come if they can't get their favorite hotel(s). And today is payday for a lot of folks.

I think it will sell out faster than PP VIII (which technically didn't sell out, but was damn close).

800 sold including gold badges. 400 tickets remain.

I believe the perception is that there is plenty of time to buy the ticket this year so there is no need for the initial rush. My intitial post on gold badges being available added the most fuel to the fire. However, I was overwhelmed after that post with requests so things are back to status quo on that aspect. It will just take time for the general public's perception to catch up.

I think it may take longer this year to sell out, due to some of the reasons already mentioned. But I'm confident it will sell out.

That typed, I think it behooves all of us to keep up the PR campaign, spreading the word to everyone and anyone who's a fan of this genre of music. This is still the metal fest to beat (IMHO). So we should round up our buds and make sure they get down there to experience it with us.

Bill

I believe the perception is that there is plenty of time to buy the ticket this year so there is no need for the initial rush.

I'm definitely in this year if at all possible, but the economy and my employer's financial status are making me hold off. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Still, this is the best lineup since PPVI, IMO, and PP usually sells out faster when I like it. Hopefully my bellwether status continues.

I have a question, I purchased tickets the day they went on sale and selected the Ticketfast option to print out my own tickets. To date, I have not been able to print them and sent an email to Ticketmaster regarding this. I've also seen several others in the "I've got my tickets" thread state they haven't been able to print out their tickets either. I just got an email from Ticketmaster saying they they aren't handling delivery of this event and that the venue is handling delivery directly. It also states my tickets will be at will call. Is this true or am I just getting handed a line by ticketmaster?

I have a question, I purchased tickets the day they went on sale and selected the Ticketfast option to print out my own tickets. To date, I have not been able to print them and sent an email to Ticketmaster regarding this. I've also seen several others in the "I've got my tickets" thread state they haven't been able to print out their tickets either. I just got an email from Ticketmaster saying they they aren't handling delivery of this event and that the venue is handling delivery directly. It also states my tickets will be at will call. Is this true or am I just getting handed a line by ticketmaster?

I certainly hope that's not the case as I've haven't been able to print mine yet either and it's starting to piss me off, the last thing we need is a hassle getting into the show at the last minute because ticketmaster's stupidity, never again will I select the print at home option, the first time I ever tried it and it doesn't work, argh!

I certainly hope that's not the case as I've haven't been able to print mine yet either and it's starting to piss me off, the last thing we need is a hassle getting into the show at the last minute because ticketmaster's stupidity, never again will I select the print at home option, the first time I ever tried it and it doesn't work, argh!

UPDATE: I decided to call ticketmaster and complain about this email and was intending to ask for a refund of the ticketfast charge. (I know it isn't much, but a charge is a charge). Well, for some strange reason, the lady I ended up speaking with was actually HELPFUL. She looked into what I said, read the email that was sent to me, and actually called the venue to check on that claim. What she found out was the VIP (I assume thats the Gold Badges) were the tickets that were being held and will call and not the entire ball of wax. She then emailed me a PDF file which enabled me to print out my tickets and said that the situation was now fixed and that people should now be able to print out their tickets. I tried this just to be sure, and I got "Your tickets were emailed to you, you should be able to print them from there"...so maybe she did fix the situation. I know that from the PDF file, I WAS able to print out my tickets so I'm a happy camper now :>

BTW...this would have affected those who didn't have their tickets printed out as well, EVERYONE would have been affected and I'm glad I got this fixed now, rather than six months down the road.

UPDATE: I decided to call ticketmaster and complain about this email and was intending to ask for a refund of the ticketfast charge. (I know it isn't much, but a charge is a charge). Well, for some strange reason, the lady I ended up speaking with was actually HELPFUL. She looked into what I said, read the email that was sent to me, and actually called the venue to check on that claim. What she found out was the VIP (I assume thats the Gold Badges) were the tickets that were being held and will call and not the entire ball of wax. She then emailed me a PDF file which enabled me to print out my tickets and said that the situation was now fixed and that people should now be able to print out their tickets. I tried this just to be sure, and I got "Your tickets were emailed to you, you should be able to print them from there"...so maybe she did fix the situation. I know that from the PDF file, I WAS able to print out my tickets so I'm a happy camper now :>

BTW...this would have affected those who didn't have their tickets printed out as well, EVERYONE would have been affected and I'm glad I got this fixed now, rather than six months down the road.

Hasn't fixed my problem yet :mad:

Having been through this in pre Gold Badge days, the TicketFast hasn't always worked for PPUSA tickets. Had that problem two years in a row. However, it's not that hard to fix:

Call TicketMaster: 800-653-8000. Give them your order confirmation number, and an e-mail address. They will send you a PDF attachment of your tickets.

Weird.
AFAIK, the Gold Badges are a completely separate issue from Ticketmaster; they have no connection with them at all.....

Not so weird. TicketMaster told him the venue claimed to hold the "VIP" tickets, which is semi-correct. The venue ticket window holds the remaining Gold Badges, after Jax et al. are done handing them out, for late arrivals.

My tickets are on will call anyway since I'm an international customer (which also meant an extra $2.50), but my transaction was completed and the order number has been printed. Now it's a matter of waiting until September.

Unemployment is 8.1% now... it could be 10-12% by September for all we know. Plus, a lot of people base their wealth on their home value. A market correction in housing is long overdue. In an uncertain economic climate, all of us are more protective of our assets and cash. I'm much less enthusiastic about charging expenses to my credit card. Plus, I'm confident there'll be people gladly willing to sell their tickets even if it sells out. While I'm definately planning on going -- I'm in no hurry to procure tickets this year. Why pay over 200 dollars for two tickets or rack the bill up on my credit card for a concert many months in the future? That all said, I'm pretty sure this event is going to sell out -- it's just going to take longer for reasons Glenn has already mentioned.