TICKETBASTARD DOWN?

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
Hey,

Has anyone tried to access TicketBastard today? I've been trying since noon and I get the error message that a connection cannot be established, the site is too busy, or my network firewall is preventing it or whatever.

When I look at the world-wide TicketBastard network, I can click on TicketBastard in other countries and it comes up, but North America (US and Canada) doesn't seem to operational.

It's been three hours. That seems like a long time for a popular service like TicketBastard to be off-line.

So, is it just the connection in my area? Or is it down North America-wide?

Bill

I used it at 10am today. But I don't think it was at the main ticketmaster site when I bought my tickets.

Just checked and I have no issues accessing the site.

Works for me right now

Boy, that's really weird. When I type in the URL I get this:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.ticketmaster.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I tried using Safari and couldn't reach it with that browser, either.

Something is blocking me from reaching it. Maybe not me personally. But something in my location in Michigan.

Firefox and Safari are trying to protect you from fraud. Try using Internet Exploer. Microsoft could care less.

JK, sorry, but I can't really be of help but to suggest checking your firewall or having a friend in the area attempt to contact them.

Maybe they just decided to abandon Michigan? Ok, I'll stop with my unhelpful, wise ass comments. :saint:

Okay. This gets weirder. I think TicketBastard DID just block me. My wife, from work, can get onto the site. So I switched the airport connection to a local (free) network...and got onto the site just fine. While I was on the site, I switched back to my own cable modem wireless network -- and was unable to connect again!

Apparently, when I was futzing around trying to snag good seats to R.E.M. this morning -- I tried, like two dozen times or more and then gave up because all they offered was nose-bleed seats -- TicketBastard must have blocked my IP thinking I was an auto ticket machine trying to buy seats.

Great. I'll have to call TicketBastard (being careful not to call them that while they're on the phone) and ask them to unblock my IP so that I can buy tickets.

Wait a day or two and save yourself the headache. They won't know what you're talking about or won't know how to fix it.

You are correct. I tried calling TB's "customer service" and got hold of somebody who continued to talk to me about logging on to their web site. I tried to tell him I couldn't, so he just yammered on about me buying a ticket over the phone. He told me a lot of stuff about pre-sale tickets, though, that may prove invaluable (if he knows what he's talking about). According to this chappie:

1. Pre-sales are a crock. The seats they release are less than 10% of the house. He said people are better off waiting until tickets go on sale to the general public and trying to buy them then. He said something like, "If my supervisor finds out I told you, I could get in trouble. But I've worked here a while and I see what goes on."

2. Pre-sale tickets aren't exchangeable, can't be "upgraded." I asked him what he meant. He said -- and I had no idea this was possible -- if people buy tickets to a gig and then find out later that better seats are available, the first set of tickets can be "upgraded" or "exchanged." For a fee, I imagine. And how or where he didn't say. I couldn't stop his stream-of-consciousness jabber long enough to interject questions.

So there you have it, straight from the T'Bastard's mouth.

Oh, they must have lifted their 24-hour ban on me. A half hour ago I was able to log onto the TB site again. Forty-five minutes before that, I still couldn't.

Thank you, thank you, almighty TicketBastard for allowing me to access you!

Bill

1. Pre-sales are a crock. The seats they release are less than 10% of the house. He said people are better off waiting until tickets go on sale to the general public and trying to buy them then. He said something like, "If my supervisor finds out I told you, I could get in trouble. But I've worked here a while and I see what goes on."

2. Pre-sale tickets aren't exchangeable, can't be "upgraded." I asked him what he meant. He said -- and I had no idea this was possible -- if people buy tickets to a gig and then find out later that better seats are available, the first set of tickets can be "upgraded" or "exchanged."
This is actually true. Pre-sales are frequently a gimmick and the "good" tickets aren't released until later.

I actually HAVE upgraded my tickets on several occasions at the Art Center here in Jersey. I just go up to the box office, if the show is not sold out, and ask them if they have better seats than the ones I have. The box office people have alway been very friendly and helpful and evey time I've tried this, I've ended up with WAY better seats - NO CHARGE!:Smokin:

Give it a shot.