Till Fjälls - a play on words?

Thidrek

Dichter (und) Denker
Jul 18, 2004
Düsseldorf, Germany
A few weeks ago i went to the next IKEA store :))) and read some titles of the books standing in the shelves. And there was one named "Tillfjällig ..." (or so) and I think it means something like "by accident". The first I thought of after this happenig was the song "TillFjälls" of Vintersorg. So could it be that there is a play on words in the lyric? Is it only in the title or straight through the whole song?
Could someone explain it to me?

No releation between them. :)
Like with the english words "feet" and "feel". They are somewat similar but have nothing else in common.

edit: removed useless rambilng

The Heart of Winter said:
I believe "Till Fjälls" translates to "To The Mountains." I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a play on words.

Correct :) Norwegian contra swedish is almost the same. Til Fjälls in norwegian = Til Fjells :p And indeed that is "To The Mountains"

Mantraschism said:
I have a question about this, too:

The name of the album is Till Fjälls; what is the purpose of the 's' in 'fjälls'? Why isn't it Till Fjällarna or whatever? =\
I'm not an expert ;) but as far as I know there are simply expressions with "till" that are bulit not in the "usual" way, but like here with the s at the end. Other examples being till hands, till döds........hm, that's all I can think of right now :loco:

Mantraschism said:
I have a question about this, too:

The name of the album is Till Fjälls; what is the purpose of the 's' in 'fjälls'? Why isn't it Till Fjällarna or whatever? =\

One could say "till fjällen"; "till fjälls" is more rural/archaic form of it though which fits the music better

No, but I think it cannot be that complicated..
Even because they haven't got a difficult declination. You can say Jag hör, du hör etc. not like Ich höre, du hörst, er/sie/es hört..