Bad version of 'Till Fjälls' on iTunes?

Qu Appelle

Tree hugger
May 30, 2007
Seattle!
Hi.

Last week, I purchased 'Till Fjälls' via iTunes, along with 'The Focusing Blur' and 'Solens Rötter'. (I had a vinterbinge).

TFB and SR sound wonderful - crisp, clean, and loud, both on my Mac Powerbook and my iPod. However, there are problems with 'Till Fjälls'.

1. It sounds a bit softer than the other two, to the point where I have to constantly adjust the volume when I listen to it.

2. It sounds more 'lofi' and muddy. As I don't have a CD copy, I can't tell if this is due to the actual production values of the music, or the copy from iTunes.

3. iTunes vs Swedish - it doesn't display the Swedish correctly. Like, 'Till Fjälls' is 'Till FjSlls', 'Jökeln' is 'J÷keln', etc. However, everything on 'Solens Rötter' is displayed correctly.

4. All of these issues carry over when I burned a copy of the songs onto CD, so that didn't help at all.

I'd just like to know if some of this is normal/expected, before I complain to iTunes, then go out and buy a physical copy of the disc.

Thanks!

well production on Till Fjälls is by far inferior comparing to the latest albums
and yeah it does sound a little muddy(old skool fuck yeah!)
or maybe you downloaded some sort of crappy 128kb/s mp3's.
as for the titles of the tracks...just change them yourself and don't let it bother you

OK - the muddy, lo fi is to be expected. Cool cool. I'm all down with muddy and lo fi if that's how it's supposed to be! :headbang:

I was worried that iTunes had an inferior, or a corrupt copy of the material.

(I also fixed all the misspellings on my Mac already, I just have to upload the umlauted copy to my iPod now.)

Thanks!

Yeah it's just the album, so I wouldn't worry! Still a brillant buy!! :kickass:

I don't see how something like iTunes works myself, I mean aren't you only allowed use the stuff you download on three computers?
And almost everything you download is locked right?

Personally I'd never pay for music I couldn't hold in my hand, but if I did I wouldn't want any kind of lock down bullshit on it, because I'm just going to get more annoyed and go out of my to crack it.

just buy the album. im not trying to sound like a jackass, but that just seems like a great solution to the problem.

Yeah it's just the album, so I wouldn't worry! Still a brillant buy!! :kickass:

I don't see how something like iTunes works myself, I mean aren't you only allowed use the stuff you download on three computers?
And almost everything you download is locked right?

You can authorize up to 5 computers to use the songs that you download. This doesn't include syncing to an iPod, nor burning it as an Audio CD.

The theory behind iTunes (and similar programs) is that you purchase the music legally, download it onto the computer, and then you can sync it up to portable music players, as well as listen to it on your computer. Since that's how I listen to music, it works perfectly for me. The music is locked via the DRM, but you can burn an audio CD of it, and play that anywhere.

I like iTunes as I live in a small apartment, and I don't drive, so aside from Amazon, it's sometimes hard to get ahold of the weirder stuff out there. Hence, iTunes. (I do still buy CDs, but I just prefer iTunes for now.)

Thanks for your help, all!