New Record Tentatively Scheduled...

Updated:

Januarius:

Sigh: Scenes from Hell (19th)
Orphaned Land: The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR (25th)
Ihsahn: After (25th)
Overkill: Ironbound (29th).
Nevermore: The Obsidian Conspiracy

Februarius:

Rotting Christ: Aelo (15th)
Finntroll: Nifelvind (17th) (Great cover BTW.)
Borknagar: Universal (22nd)
Dark Tranquillity: We Are the Void (24th)

Martius:

Rhapsody *of Fire*: The Frozen Tears of Angels (March 5th)

uneXpect
At the Gates (3 DVD)
Lamented Souls
Simen (personal album)
Vintersorg
Dream Evil
Gravisphere
Waterclime
Solefald
Age of Silence
Blind Guardian
Symphony x
Wintersun
Fear Factory
Dimmu Borgir
Ulver
Poisonblack
Tristania
Eluveitie
Dordeduh

I can't believe I forgot to mention this one, but Evig Natt's new album Darkland is also coming out next year.

New Song from the album: "Sjelelaus"

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated:

Januarius:

Sigh: Scenes from Hell (19th)
Orphaned Land: The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR (25th)
Ihsahn: After (25th)
Overkill: Ironbound (29th).
Nevermore: The Obsidian Conspiracy

Februarius:

Rotting Christ: Aelo (15th)
Finntroll: Nifelvind (17th) (Great cover BTW.)
Borknagar: Universal (22nd)
Dark Tranquillity: We Are the Void (24th)

Martius:

Rhapsody *of Fire*: The Frozen Tears of Angels (March 5th)

At the Gates (3 DVD)
Dream Evil
Lamented Souls
Simen (personal album)
uneXpect
Vintersorg
Gravisphere
Waterclime
Solefald
Age of Silence
Negura Bunget
Blind Guardian
Symphony x
Wintersun
Fear Factory
Dimmu Borgir
Ulver
Poisonblack
Tristania
Eluveitie
Dordeduh

I think Unexpect will have a new album out next year, Cynic will have a new EP and very much looking forward to the Debut album by Ne Obliviscaris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J7wt2DSQXo

THIS. I'm waiting their debut since the first time I heard the demo. Incredible band and blend of styles.

Sigh
Orphaned Land
Ihsahn
Rotting Christ: Aelo
Borknagar: Universal
Lamented Souls
Simen (personal album)
uneXpect
Vintersorg
Gravisphere
Waterclime
Solefald
Age of Silence
Dimmu Borgir
Ulver

I have some hopes on those ones, specially on Rotting Christ, Solefald, Simen solo album, Vintersorg and excepting Dimmu (I'm just curious how they will sound without Simen and Mustis).

has someone already listened to the new rotting christ?
please, tell me it's not true :ill:

Well, you can read my take on it. I don't think they changed that much, I just think the song writing is less inspired. I still think all-in-all it was a solid album.

i don't think they changed. i think they did a step backwards, which is not good after a masterpiece like theogonia!
maybe my expectactions were simply too high :erk:

i don't think they changed. i think they did a step backwards, which is not good after a masterpiece like theogonia!
maybe my expectactions were simply too high :erk:

Well, when you're comparing a record like Theogonia to something like this.. Yeah, I can see feeling like this. But I really enjoyed a lot of the tracks quite a bit. I especially liked "Dub-sag-ka-te." But it's nowhere near the masterpiece that Theogonia was.

Well, when you're comparing a record like Theogonia to something like this.. Yeah, I can see feeling like this. But I really enjoyed a lot of the tracks quite a bit. I especially liked "Dub-sag-ka-te." But it's nowhere near the masterpiece that Theogonia was.

well the problem when you create a masterpiece is that the fans expect from you a masterpiece part II and that not always happens.
i think the album is still very rotting christ, but more similar to the oldest ones, with a simpler and rawer sound, but together poorer, and also the songwriting is worse in my opinion....and let's not talk about choirs :ill:

THIS. I'm waiting their debut since the first time I heard the demo. Incredible band and blend of styles.

I have some hopes on those ones, specially on Rotting Christ, Solefald, Simen solo album, Vintersorg and excepting Dimmu (I'm just curious how they will sound without Simen and Mustis).

if your curious how they sound without them, you should know if you heard "For all tid" "Stormblast" and "Enthroned darkness triumphant" They will be better without them.

Mr. V, I am curious if you're going to incorporate more layers into the new album, maybe something as layered as Cosmic Genesis was at times? Been listening to that album a lot lately and to me, it seems it has some very special characteristics that would be great to hear in newer albums.

New Rhapsody *of Fire* is supposed to be out in two days, but there's barely any info on their site. Does anyone know anything about the album?

It was pushed back, though no one is willing to give me any news about it. Still, no word on it. Someone on their forum said they read that it was April 30th, but the guy at NB is totally mum on it except to tell me that it had been pushed back to April.

It was pushed back, though no one is willing to give me any news about it. Still, no word on it. Someone on their forum said they read that it was April 30th, but the guy at NB is totally mum on it except to tell me that it had been pushed back to April.

Ah OK, thanks a lot! Now to start counting the days again :rolleyes: . The band should at least update the info on their site.

By the by, I just saw Exodus' cover art für the neu album, and it's OK, the skeleton is nice but the background is lame. Hopefully the music will be better than Exhibit A (which is a worthless piece of rubbish IMO).

This is what the Vintersorg forum is about: just turning OT every fucking thread.

:headbang: Who needs mods?

Defiance said:
Ah OK, thanks a lot! Now to start counting the days again :rolleyes: . The band should at least update the info on their site.

By the by, I just saw Exodus' cover art für the neu album, and it's OK, the skeleton is nice but the background is lame. Hopefully the music will be better than Exhibit A (which is a worthless piece of rubbish IMO).

Tell me about it. I'm supposed to be getting a copy of the new Exodus, though apparently it's only available right now for "longleads" which I think is what they call magazines. I think I should count as a long lead, 'cause I do way better reviews when I get longer than like a day to review the thing because of my schedule. *sigh*

Thing about the RoF album is sad. I don't know if those guys just have incompetent management or what, but they need to be updating the masses.

Regarding the new Rhapsody album:

Italian metal heroes RHAPSODY OF FIRE have finished work on the new record, The Frozen Tears Of Angels, which is once again an outstanding, monumental and epic masterpiece.

On April 30th the new record will be released as a standard version jewelcase, as a highsize digipak with two bonus tracks and as a gatefold double-vinyl.

As a present for all fans of the band, you can now download the opening track of the album, 'Sea Of Fate' for free at this location.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/133824#

Last edited by a moderator: