New Record Tentatively Scheduled...

I don't know how I forgot, but I think Kalmah is putting out a new album next year as well. 2010 could be orgasmic beyond any reasonable sense.

A lesser known band out of Stockhom known as Eventide is working on an album as well, at the moment. They don't have a label at the moment, but most likely will release it online before they get one anyway. Check them out: Eventide @ MySpace, sort of a melodic death act.

I'm so excited for that!!

...What's your project?:erk: Give us some info!
:lol: Thanks, I appreciate that.

http://www.myspace.com/aetherealmetal

Take the demos for what they are: recorded on my Mac in Garageband. But, I'm hoping those demos can attract some musicians or label attention.

Let me know if you want my debut demo. It's full length and free at request.

:lol: Thanks, I appreciate that.

http://www.myspace.com/aetherealmetal

Take the demos for what they are: recorded on my Mac in Garageband. But, I'm hoping those demos can attract some musicians or label attention.

Let me know if you want my debut demo. It's full length and free at request.

You can definately hear the progressive influence, through the groovy littlle guitars and the bass doing more than just being filler. The clean vocals sound like Mikael Stanne, Skydancer period. Was that an influence? I'd be interested in the EP for sure, seeing how the transition from then to now is.

Throwing in any Geddy Lee styled bass solos?:p

You can definately hear the progressive influence, through the groovy littlle guitars and the bass doing more than just being filler. The clean vocals sound like Mikael Stanne, Skydancer period. Was that an influence? I'd be interested in the EP for sure, seeing how the transition from then to now is.

Throwing in any Geddy Lee styled bass solos?:p

Nah. But I do really like good, melodic bass.

The record is a concept album, so I suggest you just listen to it from start to finish. Share it with your friends if you like it. All the information is included, cover art, a .pdf with all the lyrics and an explanation of the concept.

http://www.aetherealmetal.com/promometalreview.zip

Edit: and nah, I'm a fan of Stanne, but I consider guys like Martin Gore, and Mikael Åkerfeldt to be my biggest influences.

Yeah yeah I had forgotten :p:

So for 2010 we may get (in order of apparent release date/likelihood it'll be released):

Borknagar
Finntroll
Dark Tranquillity
Lamented Souls
Simen (personal album)
Vintersorg
Dream Evil
Gravisphere
Waterclime
Solefald
Age of Silence
Ihsahn
*speechless*

I should start saving money now hahaha.

I've kind of updated the list, hurrah new Finntroll!!!! And Dream Evil!!! This year is going to kill me, monetarily speaking :ill: .

Yay great news!!! Indeed, seems like 2010 is going to be awesome!! Vintersorg and Wintersun, and all the others, omg!!

Thou I have to say that 2009 was not bad for me, new Arkona, new Ensiferum, Fjoergyn, ArthemesiA, Finsterforst, Crimfall and Kalisia, among others, were awesome! :p

Still, great news, already waiting for the new albums!! ;D

^ Ah yeah I was about to add Orphaned Land too, and I had forgotten about Blind Guardian and Symphony X.

Dimmu too? Hmm maybe since they've had such a massive change in their line-up they'll release something decent. Probably not hehe.

So…, major releases of 2010, in a somewhat accurate order:

Yeah yeah I had forgotten :p:

So for 2010 we may get (in order of apparent release date/likelihood it'll be released):

Orphaned Land
Borknagar
Finntroll
At the Gates (3 DVD)
Dark Tranquillity
Lamented Souls
Simen (personal album)
Vintersorg
Dream Evil
Gravisphere
Waterclime
Solefald
Age of Silence
Ihsahn
Blind Guardian
Symphony x
Wintersun
Sigh
Fear Factory
Dimmu Borgir
Ulver

Wow 19 CDs that I need to buy, and they're not even out yet hahahaha. Damn I wonder if I'll have cash for Bork and DT, since I'll buy a new Mac desktop and have to pay the Uni. Ah bollocks :p , let's what I can do hehe, I think I'll have to wait a month until I can buy those two; hopefully the limited editions will still be available.