New Record Tentatively Scheduled...

So for 2010 we may get (in order of apparent release date/likelihood it'll be released):
Gravisphere
Waterclime
are those really going to have a new release in 2010, too?? i've just been thinking that i actually cannot remember reading that anywhere... :rolleyes: the only thing i remember is that mr.V wasn't even sure yet who would release them... or am i missing something here? :rolleyes:

are those really going to have a new release in 2010, too?? i've just been thinking that i actually cannot remember reading that anywhere... :rolleyes: the only thing i remember is that mr.V wasn't even sure yet who would release them... or am i missing something here? :rolleyes:

Knowing Mr. V like we do, I don't think he would care what label he got to release them, as long as they got out. I know he doesn't care much for the money, just as long as his art is out there. Then again, I don't know how much trouble he has finding labels, since we don't know if he is like Kevin Smith's movies, and at least break even, allowing him to keep making movies. Knowing the record industry though, they probably get pissed if you don't make X amount of profit. Which is BS, mind you. If you break even, they should allow you to keep making. Though, does Mr. V break even?

On a side note, all these Mr. V releases make me miss Havayoth.

my question is not about the labels, rather about how can you be sure there will be a new release next year if you haven't been signed yet. I also have no idea how quickly mr.V finds labels for his projects, and i also have no idea how it works in general. I suppose it depends on the band and the label. I remember Yggdrasil, f.ex., was done recording their last album back in aug.2008 but it got released 9-10 months later because of some label/manufacturing troubles :rolleyes: And look how long it takes for Borknagar with Universal... That leaves me wondering how long it might take before the album gets released even if the actual recording/mixing/mastering and what not has already been finished... I mean, how can we be sure that Waterclime and Gravisphere will also have a new release out next year? is it just wishful thinking or am i missing some facts here?

Or, can mr.V maybe shed some more light on this? :saint:

Yeah, I remember Dark Tranquillity's Character album was done LONG before it was released, due to issues with Century. Who knows though, because some bands can have an album out in a matter of months after it is finished. I would imagine signing with a new album with a finished album would take any longer.

Orphaned Land
Sigh Jan. 19th: Scenes from Hell (excellent cover)
Borknagar
Finntroll
At the Gates (3 DVD)
Dark Tranquillity
Lamented Souls
Simen (personal album)
Vintersorg
Dream Evil
Gravisphere
Waterclime
Solefald
Age of Silence
Ihsahn
Blind Guardian
Symphony x
Wintersun
Fear Factory
Dimmu Borgir
Ulver
Poisonblack
Rhapsody
Tristania
Eluveitie

One word: Wow.

On Rhapsody *of Fire*:

Italian metal heroes RHAPSODY OF FIRE return with a fantastic new album that will be released on March 5th, 2010 by their new label NUCLEAR BLAST, which is known for acts like Nightwish, Edguy or Blind Guardian.

“We are finally proud to announce to the world that Rhapsody Of Fire are stronger than ever and finally ready for their glorious come-back! We just signed a worldwide-level agreement with the legendary label ‘Nuclear Blast’, at this time the greatest choice we could have ever done. Wonderful people, a great business vision and the best organization possible, for a relationship that can be anything else but successful for the years to come.

In the last months we worked very hard and now all we can say is that a great new album, a real masterpiece of power/speed/symphonic metal, is finally ready!

It’s title is ‘THE FROZEN TEARS OF ANGELS’, it is produced by Luca Turilli and Alex Staropoli and it was mixed and mastered by our valorous friend Sascha Paeth at the Gate Studio in Wolfsburg (Avantasia, Epica and others).

This is not just a new album for us, but pure emotion carved in music.

Lyrically it’s based on the 3rd chapter of ‘THE DARK SECRET SAGA’ and the long journey of five bravehearts to the frozen northern lands at the unexplored borders of the known world in order to find a way to stop the demonknight’s prophecy. This album and its music will underline the feelings, hopes and fear of the main characters in this new epic adventure.

All the drama of this new part of the saga will be as always enchanted by the soundtrack oriented orchestral arrangements and the majesty of opera choirs, real trademark of Rhapsody of Fire’s music, but surely this album will sound more powerful, speed and guitar oriented than in the recent past, in order to underline the dark and romantic rage of the lyrics too.

Every song will have its own character, as you will be able to fly with the angels of the crystal realms through the cold skies of the north on the notes of hit-songs like ‘SEA OF FATE’ (song written for the first time together by Luca Turilli, Alex Staropoli and Fabio Lione), ‘RAGING STARFIRE’ or ‘THE FROZEN TEARS OF ANGELS’, and at the same time you will have a taste of the angels’ holy rage listening to ‘REIGN OF TERROR’, real gem of this new production.

The energy of more extreme metal applied to positive lyrics hymning to the victory of hope, truth and respect over the inner demons lying in the depths of our conscience for a unique contrast never heard before and that made us really excited while composing this song.

This new CD will include a great looking cover artwork, created this time by a new and incredibly talented artist able to turn the drama of our fantasy world into a serious, cinematic and realistic representation, and a complete booklet including all the details of the saga’s new chapter. The album will be released as a special limited deluxe digipak (first edition) including two bonus tracks and an incredible 32-pages booklet, as well as a standard jewelcase and of course on vinyl.

We are looking forward to inviting you to the unexplored snowy and icy majestic landscapes of the north, that mystical dark frozen world where even the tears of our beloved angels can't be anything else but frozen!”

RHAPSODY OF FIRE

Haha seems like nothing has changed besides the label :p, but I'm really looking forward to the new album.

Man, Rhapsody's last few years have been sad. They got FUCKED by Manowar's label. I mean, fucked HARD. I feel really bad for those guys. They were on top of the world—best band at what they were doing, and then they signed to Magic Circle. Yeesh.

Can't WAIT for that, though.

^ Yeah, 'fucked', I believe, is an understatement for everything they did to them. They didn't even let them do gigs in the end… :ill: .

SEL Pt.2: Dark Secret was simply awful, horrible, it was a total piece of rubbish. Triumph or Agony was; however, quite good and a great comeback IMO. The new one will be excellent (I hope), even though they're with Nuclear. It would've been nice if they signed an alternative/underground label, but I guess the financial loss with MCM was so humongous that they, literally, couldn't afford recording with an underground label.

Cheers to their comeback :kickass: .

SEL Pt.2: Dark Secret was simply awful, horrible, it was a total piece of rubbish.

Wow really? I really like that album, I like it a lot more than Triumph Or Agony. I am really looking forward to their new one.

On a related note, I hate that they changed their name to Rhapsody Of Fire. I refuse to call them that, they will always just be Rhapsody to me.

Wow really? I really like that album, I like it a lot more than Triumph Or Agony. I am really looking forward to their new one.

On a related note, I hate that they changed their name to Rhapsody Of Fire. I refuse to call them that, they will always just be Rhapsody to me.

hmm well I still think it's their worst actually hehe.

Yeah!! I hated when they changed their name too? WTF was that? Oh, Magic Circle Music with their usual rubbish :rolleyes: . Same here, they'll always be Rhapsody to me :kickass: .

I'd like to add two presumably killer albums I haven't seen here...

Nevermore - The obsidian conspiracy (hopefully out in january)
Rotting Christ- Aelo ( out on february 15th)
:headbang:

Djöfull;8754580 said:
I'd like to add two presumably killer albums I haven't seen here...

Nevermore - The obsidian conspiracy (hopefully out in january)
Rotting Christ- Aelo ( out on february 15th)
:headbang:

i'm waiting impatiently for the new rotting christ too! :headbang:

i'd like to add the debut release of the new band Dordeduh to the list, which any Negura Bunget fan should be looking forward to!

after reading this new interview with Hupogrammos i can't wait for their first release!! If their music is nearly as great as the intellect of this man, i'm going to be their fan for a long long time! The concept is amazing!! :worship:

Actualised, added some dates and bands :) :

Januarius:

Sigh: Scenes from Hell (Jan. 19th)
Orphaned Land: The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR (Jan. 25)
Ihsahn: After (Jan 25th)
Nevermore: The Obsidian Conspiracy

Februarius:

Rotting Christ: Aelo (Feb. 15th)
Borknagar: Universal (Feb. 22nd)
Finntroll: Nifelvind
Dark Tranquillity: We Are the Void

Martius:

Rhapsody *of Fire*: The Frozen Tears of Angels (March 5th)

uneXpect
At the Gates (3 DVD)
Lamented Souls
Simen (personal album)
Vintersorg
Dream Evil
Gravisphere
Waterclime
Solefald
Age of Silence
Blind Guardian
Symphony x