Name Change?

• +1

Votes: 4 5.5%

Votes: 67 91.8%
  • Depends on the new album

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
because the whole thing is silly.

The "founding members" are irrelevant because they didn't do shit for the band.

The music hasn't "changed too much" because there's nothing radically different from one album to the next. With the exception of Damnation, they're all metal albums with contrasting extreme/soft vocals, hard/soft music, and long lengths. They haven't pulled some kind of radical Ulver genre-shift at any point in their discography.

I don't see how changing the band name would do anything for creativity. It's just a name.

Since there's no sensible reason(s) to change the band name in the first place, there's no reason to even go into coming up with arguments against it.

I see no-one has bothered arguing against the propositions they disagree with. Wonderful!

Many bands have changed their name for the reasons I gave.

giveitup.jpg

I believe nowadays Opeth no longer represent the quality, nor the artistic vision of the original Opeth, therefore, a name change could very well be in order.

I say they should change their name to "Opeth", it sounds the best. If they did ever get a name change eventually, what would they possible think of, "City of The Moon" or some cheesy name like MoonForce-that would be an idiotic thing to do, changing Opeth into something else.