Time for some changes in Evergrey

pollution

Yes,they call me Aki too.
Jul 18, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
This just up at evergrey.net:

"As promised here is the first part of news regarding Evergrey as a band.

At first it might seem devastating and frightening as it did to us when making this decision. People change, evolve and grow, sometimes in different ways and in different directions. This happens to everyone and it has certainly happened to Evergrey as a band throughout the years.

Me and Rikard have together with Henrik and Jonas made the mutual decision that it was best for us all that they leave Evergrey. They wanted to and we wanted them to.

The last tours, recordings and just hanging with each other has not been as fun and giving as earlier AND before it would go too far, resulting in a collision in between friends, which could ruin everything we have built up during the years, we decided to call it quits.

It’s sometimes both smart and foreseeing to end situations before they get out of hand and create something that is totally unnecessary and irreparable. To be in a band must be experienced as fun, giving and fulfilling. There is SO much time during a life as a touring musician that is boring that if you don’t even enjoy yourself while playing then it’s better to do something else.

Henrik and Jonas also got “DeathDestruction” that ALSO has evolved and became more and more serious during the years and now they even recorded a debut album and naturally it felt fresh and reviving for them to enter something new and unexplored as opposed to Evergrey where they more or less experienced the same things over and over.

It is VERY important for us to tell you that we are still great friends and most likely always will be since we have shared 10 years of our lives and dedicated it to the progress and evolvement of Evergrey. The friendship is what we value the most and nothing could be more important than that, at least for the four of us.

So please take some time to digest and understand. That is what we have done and I am glad to say that all of us are happier than in a long time. This is something I think you can feel when watching the video version of the statement. [ame="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=104804812"] http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=104804812[/ame]

BUT that is not the end of it. Jari ALSO decided to leave the band, and the reason was that he would rather play with a band called “Killing machine” as they could offer him a salary we couldn’t and that was the sole reason of his decision. We were REALLY sad to see Jari leave as he is a tremendous bass-player and person.

I know what you all are thinking… ENOUGH WITH depressing news.

So to something brighter:
With all these new situations we were facing, me and Rikard had to sit down to think. First thought was of course “Fuck this… let’s get a day job” but after a couple of weeks of contemplating and silence we realized something: Should we quit what we are doing, something that we still love as much as ten years ago, if not more, because of someone else disappearing, I mean it’s not like it’s the first time it happens and it never made Evergrey stagnate or lose its edge, quite the contrary.

So should we continue to make the music that we and YOU enjoy deeply?

As you understand we have chosen to continue.

We have a full album written and half-way recorded. Last recording/mixing day will be June 30th. And a release BEFORE or at the latest on the 14th of October is set. We will soon (as we use to) start feeding you snippets.

We ALSO have a European Tour coming up – starting NEXT SUNDAY in Hamburg. And to be able to do that tour we must have new members, and we do! So please be open-minded and welcome:
Marcus Jidell (ex-Royal Hunt) on Guitars
Johan Niemann (ex-Therion, Mind’s Eye) on Bass
Hannes Van Dahl on Drums

So be sure to bring your CDs of the above mentioned bands to the shows to have them signed
icon_wink.gif

These are the guys we have been working hard with to rehearse the old songs and writing the new ones. And today was our last rehearsal for the tour and I must say it sounds great in a way I didn’t expect after such a short time. There is not a chance in HELL you will be disappointed in the performance of these guys.

So that’s why we do this tour… to bring and present the new guys to you and also at the same time get the chance to play the cities we didn’t do on the November tour of course.

As with ANY change, when you give it time you realize that it’s turned out for the better. So far in this EVER-LASTING changing of members in Evergrey, it’s always turned out great and brought fresh blood and motivation into the band, and the level of wanting to prove ourselves as a band is higher than EVER before. We do have some other great news that surely will bring this band to another level but as of yet we are restricted to speak about it.

So don’t give up on us, you never have, and we love you for it!
Tom"

Respect!
Everyone does what they want to do. Band continues. All are friends. That's great!
If it feels good in the heart, do it!
I decided last week to take a new full time job. For the first time in 10 years I won't work in the music biz... but it feels good.
There's no money in music anymore so just do what you want to do and have fun! I will still do a cover now and then... when I feel for it. I will still buy albums and go to concerts. I want to find the joy in music again. Music should be fun and I'm sure the new Evergrey album will kick ass!

Lycka till fördjävulen gubbar!

I'm so sad and I can't believe that it's true. But, at same time, I'm very happy.
I love all Evergrey's songs and I'm very glad because I've got a oportunity to watched the best concert of 2009 in Brazil and to listen I'm Sorry live, was a gift.
I'm huge fan of Jonas [he's huge inspiration for me on the drums], Henrik and Rikard and I know that they're great and talented musicians and I know that on the next their projects, We will to wait good and creative things. I've watched Johan on stage one time and he is a good musician.
But, I wish for these guys all the best, always!

Iiiinteresting. Well, it's not like Evergrey ever has the exactly the same lineup for more than a couple of albums, just never so many at the same time! I'll miss Henk and Jonas (I never did get to see them with Jari), but I'm looking forward to seeing what a new album with new musicians will bring.

I'm just even more annoyed that I had to miss PP Europe, though, as that was my last chance to see them live with the past lineup!

I just want to say thanks and good luck to Jari Henrik and Jonas and tell everybody that they are so nice persons and good friends. I wish them all luck whit the new proyects.

I allso will say wellcome to 3 new members of Evergrey and I am so happy that the band are coming to Spain soon,
See you in Madrid!!!!

Urka! A huge change in Evergrey....
I've loved the ex line-up and i've met Jonas and Henrik and Jari...
It's a big split... but i think things must change sometimes,
and i'm sure that the new line up will kick ass!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I'm sorry for Henrik, he was a fundamental part of the Evergrey, but I think that, and they are confirming it too, that the new group is absolutely perfect!

Loved the video, felt like my parents were telling me they are getting a divorce but they still love me, are good friends and that it's not my fault ! haha :)

Still love you too guys ! ;)

HUGE news as expected and it didn´t came as a chock for me. I wish Jonas, Henrik and Jari the best of luck in the future and I wish the new members of EVERGREY a huge WELCOME to the band.

It´s too bad I miss the acoustic gig at Sweden Rock, my plan where to go there but they where spoiled. :Smug: So you old and new guys of the band, get your asses out on a Swedish tour that will take you to Västerås. As you (Tom) know from past gigs you have a handful of truly devoted fans there :headbang:

Good luck with the tour, I really hope that the fans will show respect and give the new members a great welcome!

And for Jari, Jonas and Henrik I will quote Rocco from The Boondock Saints, "I catch you at the flip side!"

Cheers!

I don't really know what I should think of all this ...
For a huge change, thats a huge change !!! I didn't think about that when I saw previous news from the band.

So i'm a little bit sad because I expected to see Henrik and Jonas again on stage with Evergrey in May (I will see the band in Lyon)... now, this gonna be different... ! But I really hope the shows gonna be fuckin' good anyway !!!

Thats why I wish all the best for the band, say welcome to the new members and ... see you in Lyon !!! [I can't wait!!]

ok now this reaaaally sucks a major xxxx.. I would have never ever really thought that this was comming.. As i do not give a damn about DD as it is one of those 'many bands in that genre' and evergrey was reaaally special, this is a really grey day for me.. at least, I will miss Henk as he has a really unique approach in terms of playing.. and Jonas did fit the bend quite as well but this just..

wow i have mixed thoughts about this i mean Jonas was killer on the drums (especially in a night to remember dvd) and Henrik had awesome playing skills and i liked his sound..hope they don't change the sound of evergrey at all..plz don't..plus i saw them in sydney in 2007 and that show kicked ass..

So it's kinda sad but it happens alot to bands these days anyway i'll support evergrey always especially tom got a great voice and his vocals are the trademark of evergrey..soo from a slightly sad aussie grey fan stay grey and lets hope this line up kicks ass :headbang:

PS Tom u need to hit aussie land again plz!! :worship:

This sucks big time but at the same time it's good to see all of them still in the same room which makes this whole departure look so much more mature than most other bands would handle it!
And the best part of the news surely is that Evergrey is still alive!!! Looking forward to seeing the new line up in Hamburg. :headbang:

I'm really sad :( It's big changing. I was tree times in concert Evergrey, always has been the best concert in this composition. (with Jonas, Henrik, Jari)
However, am curious how it will now. Per week concert in Cracow, so I will be able to convince.
See you in Cracow :)

It's sad to see Henrik go. Him and Tom both complimented each other so well and his playing on the past few Evergrey albums was crucial. In the studio footage that comes on the live dvd, you can see how well the worked together as a team.

Real sad.

I've been waiting for this for a while now unfortunately. I've followed the band with great interest since SDT and have noticed that the mood in the band has changed in the last few years. For instace everyone in the band (except Rikard) has been kind of grumpy and not as keen to chat with the fans after gigs lately. Before it was never a problem to shoot some breeze over a few beers with the guys.. Good luck wit the new lineup,I'm looking forvard to the new album!!! :headbang: