Evergrey changes announced.. band members change etc

VERY excited about this news to be honest. Evergrey have been one of my favorite bands for years but the last two albums were just OK by their previous standards IMO, and I think this shake up could be just the thing Tom needs to get Evergrey back on track. Based on what they've said about the next album (in the previous news) and who the new members are, I think it's safe to say they are headed back towards their more true prog metal days and less like the last couple, rather modern sounding records. This is added to by the fact that these changes occurred and Rikard remains - the keys were very downplayed as of late and I was worried that one of these changes would inevitably be his departure. Marcus Jidell is a killer and underrated guitarist, and as has been said before - ultimately Tom IS Evergrey. I actually am probably the most excited and optimistic about Evergrey that I have been in several years.

I can't help but think that for some reason EG achieving any level of success is doomed. If they had toured the USA regularly over the last 10 years like they should have they would have had much greater recognition. Add it to the list of bands such as Nevermore, Rhapsody, Nocturnal Rites and many others that if they would have just put the time in and made the sacrifices like an In Flames did, rather then quitting on this market just as metal became popular here again, they would now be profitable headliners and selling 20,000+ copies of each album here in the states. IMHO.

Nightmare Records is happy to announce that EDGEND(Progressive metal from Israel) will be the direct support act for the next Evergrey's European tour 2010 along with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (Italy).
EDGEND shall join the tour on the 17th of May till the 3rd of June.
for more details, please go to their myspace page:
www.myspace.com/edgendband

Though quite a number of changes in the band I think that they will be fine. I just hope that they get some fire back in the writing, their last disc was good but not great, it seemed like they've been on cruise control for the last few years this could very well be because of the chemistry between the members getting stale. New blood might be just what the doctor ordered.

For the record:

I talked to Marcus Jidell, and he said he is NOT EX-Royal Hunt, he is still in the band, there must have been some miscomunication there. That said, he said Evergrey is definitely going to be his primary focus.