Timo Tolki: cracking up?

I never fully understood why Stratovarius were elevated to such a high regard. Sure, they had that neo-classical Malmsteen worship thing going on, and it wasn't all double-bass power metal trainwreck music - in fact, some of it was simplified rock - but Kotipelto is not a good singer in any way, and each album had maybe 3 good songs while the rest were pretty mundane.

And then, Timmo Tolkki released the shit "Hymn to Life" whilst Timmo Kotipelto released the shit "Waiting for the Dawn". Then Stratovarius got back together and released Elements part 1 & 2 - both below average to say the least.

As the saying goes, 3 strikes and you're out, so double whammy for the Timmo twins. This mid-life crisis and weight gain breakdown was inevitable.

We have an interview with Jens Johansson coming up soon by the way. It's transcribed, it just needs to be formatted and published.

Demonspell said:
I just got a mental image of Simen singing in his Chaos Path style over that Stratovarius song with the horrible keyboard tone...oh wait, that's all of them. :)
Actually, I think that was called Quintessence. :loco:

"3 strikes and you're out" was what I said. I must be physic! :loco:

TIMO KOTIPELTO Comments On STRATOVARIUS Departure - Dec. 9, 2003

Former STRATOVARIUS vocalist Timo Kotipelto has posted the following message on his web site regarding his departure from the group:

"Maybe you have seen in it on the STRATOVARIUS homepage (or read it somewhere else), that [drummer] Jörg [Michael] and I are no longer members of the band. That is unfortunately true.

"I (might) give my comment about it later. At the moment I don't have enough energy for that.

"I want to sincerely thank all the people who bought those STRATOVARIUS albums (and my own 'Waiting for the Dawn') that I am on.

"Also a big THANK YOU for the excellent and memorable live experiences I've had a chance to share with you! I will never forget those. A hello to all those cool people I have met during these years!

"At the moment I am concentrating only on my new album. I thank everybody for those posts on my guestbook. I am sorry but I don't have enough time to reply them all. But I DO read them all!

"Thank you for your support!

"Rock on!

Timo "Gay" Kotipelto said:
"I want to sincerely thank all the people who bought those STRATOVARIUS albums (and my own 'Waiting for the Dawn') that I am on.
yse lolz thx for ure money kthxbuy!!!!!!!!!1 - = (> n_n)>[ ($) ]