http://www.symfonia.fi/etusivu

symfonia1jan2.jpg

Uli Kusch
Timo Tolkki
Andre Matos
Jari Kainulainen
Mikko Harkin

:yow:

I can't even express how excited I am by this. I knew Tolkki was forming a new supergroup after Revolution Renaissance's end, but I never thought it would be filled with these huge names.

I don't think Tolkki's had a consistently good album since Stratovarius's Infinite... but I really hope something wonderful happens and he can finally create another masterpiece with these guys, like another Cain's Offering, if you will.

Thoughts? I hope I'm not the only one who's extremely excited about this! :lol:

Holy fffffffffffffffffff-!!

Great news!! So glad Timo has gone the Cain's Offering route (and left RR to rot out of collective consciousness :p) and with such a wealth of talent! I'm putting money down now that this will likely sound fantastic. Immensely exciting stuff :Spin:

Old Stratovarius kicks ass, so does new Stratovarius come to think of it :dopey:, but i was really put off Tolkki due to the sheer amount of drama and pandemonium that seems to surround every band he works with these days. I bought the first Revolution album and the majority of it was sleep inducing. I'm hoping this band will be his redemption, Cain's Offering was great so there's no Logical reason why this can't be...

There's an interview here http://www.bravewords.com/features/1000862

Steve has a good point, though as long as the music is quality, I'm not as bummed out as I normally would be. And that Tolkki interview is wonderful, I really hope the guy has regained some sense of normalcy in his life after all those ridiculous years. I remember listening to a 4-hour audio interview with him last year, that was incredible, too...

That's true, and Tolkki himself has said it's a new band, but it's one thing to have a band of relatively/completely new and unknown musicians, and a completely different thing to form a brand new supergroup out of legends in a particular style.

I mean, Tolkki told me they'd be touring, but we don't even know how long this is going to last. They're not even going to begin recording for another 2 weeks...

Interesting! In theory this band should kick ass but I'll pass judgement on this until I hear something since I was incredibly disappointed with Tolkki's recent efforts in RR.

Interesting! In theory this band should kick ass but I'll pass judgement on this until I hear something since I was incredibly disappointed with Tolkki's recent efforts in RR.
I'm with you on this one. It looks great on paper, but Tolkki's writing output has sucked recently. I put myself through the painful dullness of listening to that rock opera he wrote. *shudders*

symfonia.fi said:
Edel Germany GmbH, in cooperation with Hamburg based international marketing office IAM - International Artist Marketing, is proud to announce the signing of a worldwide distribution deal (excluding Asia) with Symfonia for their debut album „In Paradisum“.

Carrying the legacy of names such as Stratovarius – Angra – Helloween and Sonata Artica, Symfonia is one of the most awaited metal bands to make their debut this year.

Recorded and mixed in Sweden, Finland and Italy, the album “In Paradisum” carries the legacy of this incredible group of musicians who have written some of the most successful and exciting pages of the last 15 years of heavy metal.

For all the fans who can´t wait for the release of the album on April 1st, Symfonia will reveal their music in their player on http://www.symfonia.fi commencing February 25th with snippets of various songs from the forthcoming album being made available every Friday.

Symfonia will make its world premiere on February 18th, 2011 at the Finnish Metal Expo, an international metal meeting, where they will take the stage at 11pm in the evening.

Timo Tolkki, guitar player, and producer of the album says: “I am extremely happy about the signing with Edel Germany and IAM and taking the next step in my career. I believe we have now gathered a team that enables Symfonia to bring its music to a wider range of audience around the globe. We have worked very hard for six months for this album and we think it is a positive and powerful and yet has a fresh and melodic approach. Last time I felt like this was when I signed the first international record deal with Stratovarius back in 1991. A lot has happened ever since but the ship sails on to a new horizon with new and positive energy and we cannot wait to get “In Paradisum” released and take it on the road.”

IN-PARADISUM-COVER.jpg

Also, some of the songs set to appear on the album are "Fields Of Avalon", "I Walk In Neon", "Forevermore", "Santiago" and "Rhapsody In Black".

I like the cover, and what I've heard of the demos sounds great. Can't wait to hear more. Pretty rad that they're releasing it on April 1st in Europe too.

Looks beautiful, and the song titles are interesting (they sound more like Revolution Renaissance titles than what I was expecting) but I hope they're good! From what I've heard, Fields of Avalon sounds like a pure power metal anthem. Interested to hear the title track (In Paradisum) and Rhapsody In Black too...