Tip on a Rythm Monster axe

Evolution666

Jun 26, 2007
Sweden
Hi metal heads.
I'm living on place where there are no music stores.
Need a new sustain monster for rythm session in the studio.
Anyone have any good suggestions ?
- I play C-C tuning (2 steps down). 10-52 12-60 gauge.
- Hard hitter with both hands.
- Ultra low action is a must.
- Ebony fretboard.
- Sustain!!!!

I have been looking around and I find tons of cool stuff but as I said .. I don't have a place to go and try out axes... Was a long time since I bought anything new so inputs would be nice =)
I have been looking some on the new Ibanez FR6UC-BKF and Caparison Dellinger II FX-WM

I'm open minded ... All suggestions are welcome. Just fun to hear what you guys are keen on!
I suppose a proper setup will be needed for C-C no matter what I buy.

Thanks in advance.

Ps. Second hand stuff is of course cool too!

6 or 7 string? Thin or thicker neck? Schecter km-6(or 7), Washburn Solar, ESP maybe?Everyone want a easy playing guitar but if you're a hard hitter, forget about ultra low action. Good sustain och lower is all about proper setup anyway

Hej Megin! Sweden calling =)
I'm a 6 stringer but I also played with the tought of getting a 7 and tune up the thickest string to C and play it "like a 6 string" ..
I did see the KM and Solar too. Maybe a good choice ... Washburn is ok but no offense to Ola but I do not want someone else logo on my guitar =)
Ultra low action is maybe something I have to re-consider...
What about a guitar with Evertune as I hit so damn hard ?
Where are you located and do you play in C-C too ? If you do can you share some info about your axe and how you set it up and so on ?
I'm keen on thin necks. Jackson solist .. U thin I think it is ?
Thanks man!

- I play C-C tuning (2 steps down). 10-52 12-60 gauge.
- Hard hitter with both hands.
- Ultra low action is a must.
- Ebony fretboard.
- Sustain!!!!

If you're a very hard picker then you will want the 12-60 gauges and fixed bridge.

Ultra low action involves amazing fretwork which you aren't going to find on most production instruments. You will want to factor in a fret dress and in-depth setup from a good tech aswell.

Sustain is a tricky one since you can try several of the same model and one may really stand out while another can be very dead sounding.

A Schecter KM-6 might be what you're looking for.

D standard for me and 11-56 and decent low action, not too low and not to high.I adjust my guitars myself. Saves money and I know how I want my necks. Evertune is a great thing and recommended. Your'e always in tune. The harder you hit the strings the bigger risk of going sharp with a regular brigde. With evertune you can hit hard or soft without going sharp or flat. There's pleaking the guitar for very low action but it will cost. Check it out here Evolution 666 http://www.guitarlabs.se/