Tips or hints on Line 6 Flextone III's?

Haven't used one, but I recommend the Criminal model if it has it (my favorite on Pod XT.) Try putting a tube screamer pedal in front, and use EMG pickups. :headbang:

The Criminal amp model is modeled after Peavey 5150, and I just checked on the Line 6 site, and it's not on the Flextone III. I'd suggest using the Treadplate model with a tube screamer pedal in front, and EMG pickups of course.

The Grand Design said:
Yeah, I just found it weird how it has Treadplate on the site, but Recto Dual on mine.

Whatever... anyway that should get you a decent metal tone until you upgrade to a tube amp. It's going to be difficult for you to stand out in a full band mix with a Line 6 amp, live or in studio. Just how it goes.

Yeah, I think I'd need a Peavey 5150 and a Marshall cab with V-30's for professional recordings etc. But I did manage to get quite a nice sound of my FT3 just before, using the Recto Dual amp with the Tweeb B-Man cab. Sounded kinda like In Flames - Clayman.

Kazrog said:
Whatever... anyway that should get you a decent metal tone until you upgrade to a tube amp. It's going to be difficult for you to stand out in a full band mix with a Line 6 amp, live or in studio. Just how it goes.

I don't know, the Vetta II is quite nice. We've impressed a few tube heads this week with ours. We have the combo running two chains in stereo with an external 4X12 cab.

And volume is no issue.