Tis been a rough 2 weeks...

spideyjg

Bass Gear Geek
Nov 14, 2005
Last Sunday I got a call that my 98 year old grandmother had died and had to rush back to Louisiana for her funeral last Tuesday. It wasn't a real sad funeral since she had lived a robust long life and we all celebrated her memory. She was joining far more than she left hind since she was one of 13 children and only 2 are still alive.

We all laughed since my grandfather had dies 24 years ago and men typically have to wait for their women so it was uproarious all the offspring imitating what he would say after waiting for her at the pearly gates for 24 years. Godspeed to you Gertrude. :kickass:

Tonight I had a vet come over and put my 17 year old cat to sleep at home. If you find yourself needing to put a pet down that is the way to go about it. Far less stressful for the animal to pass at home rather than a strange place. She was a tough old kitty and just recently really began to go downhill. As long as she wanted to fight, I fought with her. She was finally ready and I let her go.

Jim

I'm sorry about your losses, I'm definitely no stranger to losses. It sounds like she had a long life and experienced a lot of different things, and has seen so many advances in technology.

Sorry Jim that's a bummer, it seams like when it rains it pours ! Grandmas and pets are so special ! My hart goes out to you.

Thanks for all the words folks.

I have lived away from my grandmother for about 24 years so the last year or so she would always talk to you like it would be the last time. Last time we talked was Mothers day and we made our peace that I may not see her again in this life.

I'm still adjusting to the cat not being here though. She had gotten real high maintenance the last 2 years and I still keep mentally tuning in to see where she is before I catch myself.

Not to say the cat was more important, just that she was here, underfoot, in need of constant care, and is now gone. A far bigger change in my daily life routine than my grandmother 2000 miles away.

Jim